Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with copilot 6 pocket with XDA Orbit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with copilot 6 pocket with XDA Orbit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathcab1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Problems with copilot 6 pocket with XDA Orbit Reply with quote

Damn, i just dont know what to do. I got a new XDA orbit, and my co pilot oftware arrived this morning. I've followed the instructions on what to do to install it very carefully.

It installed fine, but whenever i try to boot up i get the message:

the copilot detected a prior version of data on your device. please download the correct data. app version 6.0.0.0, data version:

what am i doing wrong? i tried downloading the patch but i still get the same message (including the app version 6.0.0.0 bit)

help!?
Sad
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try deleteing it from ppc using the add remove programs button on the pocket pc or via add/remove using active sync. the open up file explorer on the orbit and go to storage card, then go to the 2577 folder and tap the cp6.cab file this will install copilot again to the orbit and see if that works if not come back and well try somthing else

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
deathcab1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, it doesn't work. still the same error message Sad

i found a troubleshoot solution on the copilot website - stating that 4 files were corrupted and that was the reason - the solution was to install a patch.

the problem is, this is a page for copilot 3!, not version 6 Sad
deathcab1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive also discovered that its possible my cd-rom EU maps disc 2 is also corrupted. It always messes up near the end of the install, thinking theres corruption on the cd, i tried to make a disc image, and that results in an error message near the end of the process as well

COPILOT! Evil or Very Mad what an awful company and an awful product
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you contacted ALK and explained the disk is damaged - give them a chance to send out a replacement - Mike
deathcab1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly can't be bothered with the company, they've taken 4 days to respond to 1 email.

the fact that the CD rom AND microSD card is corrupted just tells me that they aren't really bothered about what they sell as long as they get the money.

tomtom here i come
deathcab1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an update:

i just received new cd's today. To my utter shock and amazement, the program ACTUALLY INSTALLED! :o , the joy i thought would soon follow was shortlived however, as i began using the software:,

W...T....F

apart from the software sucking, not here to write a review, but it constantly crashes, cant find any address i want, and the data download wizard is horrific. After an hour's worth ofcrashes and error messages, i SOMEHOW got the software onto my Orbit to install.

It installed....aaaaaaand, yeah, you guessed it, doesn't work. You click on the icon, nothing happens.

i cant wait to recoment this turd sandwich to my friends Rolling Eyes
deathcab1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another update:

FINALLY, it works...or so i thought at first.

So i put it in my car, and told it - take me to work. And the problems begin. For starters it has no idea where i am!, it can't find any address i type in, the best it can do is tell me im near a road which is about a mile away!! :x

i drove myself to work, and then told it to take me home, and i wouldn't do anything myself. Didn't get any direction from the voiceover, and when she did - i got directed down a cul de sac and told to go round the rounabout.

Evil or Very Mad

oh dear god, there's no way this gps is THAT bad!!?
backman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Simmilar problems Reply with quote

Mine worked fine until last thursday..... Friday boots to splash screen then gives this error ...Unable to open Copilot. Please make sure your storage card is inserted or the data has been properly dowloaded.

I have had support form O2 and copilot... to date I have hard reset twice installed and uninstalled 6 times I have wiped the storage card and downloaded from the desktop wizard back to the card... Installed onto the card installed onto the device.... what does it take for them to realize there is a problem and replace it....

I've had enough tomorrow I'm asking for a replacement product...

But I'm open to suggestions at theis stage....
Hiznibz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm. There is (now!!) a well - known problem with the Artemis series of PDAs, of which the Orbit is the O2 version. The problem causes irregular crashes and corruptions, especially on the Micro SD card. Some people have had major problems, while others, including mine (touch wood), seem fine. Some solutions have included putting pieces of paper under the Sim card to force the Micro SD card into better contact. See http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Artemis_Problems
to follow the discussion.
You might be chasing a software problem, when it's really a hardware issue.
I believe other PDAs which also use the Micro SD memory card are similarly affected. Hope this helps
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the t-mobile version of artimis and so far mine has been ok with sd card problem

i konow the o2 active interface has caused some serious problems in the past

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: