Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman iCN550 Storage
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman iCN550 Storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mi_Ck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Navman iCN550 Storage Reply with quote

Hi all

Can someone please help me out?

I have an iCN550 and have uninstalled all the maps with the exception of UK. This should have incresaed my HDD space on my iCN.
I have downloaded and installed the cameras database and am happy with that.

When I open up SmartST it tells me that I have 3.7GB of 3.8GB available for use, so I should have plenty of HDD space available.

The problem now comes that when I tried to install the Motorway Service POI file I found from here:
http://www.getoutguide.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/poidownloads/index.htm

The zip file contains a .csv file and a .bmp file. Both files are only 4kb each however, when I follow the POI installation routine I get the following error

Quote:

ERROR
NO STORAGE AVAILABLE ON DEVICE

Now if SmartST is telling me I have 3.7GB available then something is not quite right.

I have also tried to install the different Petrol Station POIs (from the same site as above) thinking that it may have been a database issue with the Motorway Sefvices POI that could have been causing the problem but, I hit the same problem with each one of those.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Many Thanks
MR1967
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the 550 and have never encountered this issue - but then I've never extracted the majority of the maps off the 550 as I use it overseas. I also have the safety camera database, as well as a load of others running and still show over 2GB available so not sure why you're getting the message you have. Not being rude but I assume you're not trying to have more than 16 POIs active? Navman units may allow 25 on board but only 16 can be switched on at once.

I did a quick search of this forum and found the following threads, which may or may not help. If they don't I can only suggest you do your own searches around keywords of memory, POIs, HDD etc etc.

Don't lose hope - someone out there reading your thread will give you the answer you seek.

Best of luck

MR Wink

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=41945&highlight=hdd+memory

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-navman.php

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=44505&highlight=hdd+memory
I'll always take the roundabout way.
Mi_Ck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR1967

Many thanks for your reply. With ref to POIs I have 6 on from the pre-installed POIs plus the Speed camera Database POI so 7 in all.

Come to think of it all the pre-programmed POIs that come with the unit itself total 44 plus the speed cameras which totals 45. Those POIs inlcude things like Airline Access, Amusment Parks, Camping Ground, Golf Courses, College -University, Governement Offices, Opera and on and on.

As I said these are pre-installed and if you are saying that you can only have 25 then the unit comes overloaded already. Did yours come with all these installed?

Some of those pre-installed POIs i will never ever use and it would be nice to get rid of them however, I am not sure how to get rid of pre-installed ones. Any ideas?

With ref to the links you posted had already serached and found two of them anyway which was the install routine and the memory card which I havnt got installed because according to SmartST and from what your saying about you not hitting this problem aswell I shouldnt need.

With ref to the Firewall link I will give this a go and see how it pans out but again I installed the Camera Database without any problems, with my Firewall active so it shouldnt affect it but I'll give it a go anyway.

Again thanks for your reply and help.

Any other help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Mick Question
MR1967
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. I should have said the 550 only allows a maximum of 25 custom POIs. Sorry for the ambiguity. Page 61 of the User Manual refers. My 550 has 44 factory set POIs plus an additional 12 custom POIs I have installed which includes the Safety camera database (spilt into temporary, redlight, specs etc), an additional fuel list to the factory set ones, supermarket chains and RSPB reserves; all downloaded from this sites POI page. :D I have re-checked my 550 tonight and 2.2GB shows as free.

So that's 56 POI in operation at one time, out of a limit I guess of 69 (44 + 25). I don't know how to remove the factory set ones - sorry, but I'm loath to play too much with the software just in case.

Apologies for stating the obvious about searching the forums, but I was aware of other folks who hadn't thought about that when trying to solve an issue (me! - when trying to cut down screen glare for example).

I'll dwell on the issue a bit more and if anything comes to mind I'll post again - or someone else posts who already knows! Perhaps an email is needed to the dreaded Navman support address. Page 69 in my manual.

Once again, best of luck.

MR
[/i]
I'll always take the roundabout way.
Mi_Ck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR1967

Again thanks for the reply. I am hoping someone comes up with the solution for those Pre-installed POIs because all they are doing is taking up valuable space and are so out of date now.

I did drop Navman support an email but as usual, as quick as a flash, nothing.

I might give them another go.

thanks again

Mick
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mi_Ck wrote:
MR1967

Again thanks for the reply. I am hoping someone comes up with the solution for those Pre-installed POIs because all they are doing is taking up valuable space and are so out of date now.

I did drop Navman support an email but as usual, as quick as a flash, nothing.

I might give them another go.

thanks again

Mick

I could make a suggestion which may help you with one caveat Idea Back up first...

You can see everything that is installed on your device by connecting it to your PC - synchronize - now open My computer, select Mobile Device then Navman. Here you will see a folder called POIs - that I believe is where the pre-installed POIs are kept. I suggest if you are going to meddle with the Navman software then back it up first Exclamation Exclamation There are other folders including My POIs, which is where the POIs that you installed on the hard drive are kept.

If you want to see what is on the SD card then see the folders shown when you first open the Mobile Device.
Mi_Ck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee

Thnaks for the reply. I ams ending my Navman back to them it seems as if it has problems. Cant open to explore via explorer, HDD space state 3.7GB left but cant load anything even though I managed to download the Cameras database when I initially had it I have treied tht eupdated database aswell but that still hits the No space left problem.

Yes its going back.

Again thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: