Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Quick Question + Additional POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Quick Question + Additional POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: POI Quick Question + Additional POI's Reply with quote

Hi Peeps I have upgraded my maps, and now I have lost all of My POI's. Can I get them off my old SD card? (I have upgraded my SD card).

I also would like some custom POI's. I did have some Ikea ones. If anyone can poit me in the correct direction that will be great.

Thanks

Pdog
Noobiest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too new to help Crying or Very sad

Im wondering if you know how many different poi's you can put on a europev2? Im wanting to download the cameras into 24 categories.....
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: POI Quick Question + Additional POI's Reply with quote

Pdog wrote:
Hi Peeps I have upgraded my maps, and now I have lost all of My POI's. Can I get them off my old SD card? (I have upgraded my SD card).

Yes, all user added POIs are stored in the map folder they relate to. Update the map and you just have to copy them across into the new map's folder.

Amazed that TomTom still haven't thought to tell people this or build it into "Home".
Pdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying peeps.

I have copied the ov2 and bmp files across.

One last question I used to be able to show my POI in the POI Screen. I now have to click the arrow and browse the list for my POI. Is there anyway to get a Custom POI as an Icon on the screen in the POI Menu??
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a program called ''tomtom menu designer'' ..you might be able to it with that...
Pdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet is it some third party software? Its a shame Tom Tom didn't allow you to have some custom POIs actually in the menu as an icon rather than a long list.
Pdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gregoryduncan.com/ttmd/index.php Found this, will give it a go. Also Is there anyway to get a full postcode search?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pdog you should already have full 7 figure postcode search.
The file or files are in the "zip" folder on the root of your TT ("zip" as in american zip codes not "zipped" as in compressed!).
You say you've just updated the maps. When I did mine recently, the new postcode files came as a separate part of the download, but it all installed together.

Just a thought... you MUST use the "Navigate to.. / Address / Postcode" buttons. If you just enter a postcode in "Navigate to.. / Address" it only recognises the first part. (Same thing happens if the files in Zip are missing).
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... and I don't think you will have any luck with the Menu Builder. Although very useful (I have a custom menu myself), it can only re-arrange the menu items that are there, not add new features.

The closest to what you want would be to copy your regular POIs to be Favourites. Then you can "Navigate to... / Favourite" with a lot less button presses than finding the correct POI category.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: