Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio c510e Contacts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio c510e Contacts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cappuccino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Mio c510e Contacts Reply with quote

Mio map can successfully locate several addresses when I supply the post code and house number - but the same address stored in a contact does not work.

When launching Mio Map none of the contact addresses appear as POI and attempting to launch Mio Map from the contact results in the message "House number not found".

There doesn't appear to be a way to check what address details were sent to Mio Map but it seems likely that the problem is with the format of the address information being transferred.

Has anyone had a similar problem and found a resolution?

TIA
Cappuccino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mio have sent the following response:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Mio Tech Support. In reference to your email dated December , unfortunately MIO is still in progress updating postcode issues. There are versions of MioMap that you can enter the 7 digit postcode. We apologize for the inconvenience and have taken this into account.

But having entered further contacts another problem has exhibited: When an address does match the resulting POI is displaced (both on the map and in terms of the stated address) by several buildings as a result, it appears, of MIO Map translating the address to and back from a grid reference while picking up a rounding error on the way.

Is anyone else having any trouble with this side of their MIO product?
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Mio c510e Contacts Reply with quote

Cappuccino wrote:

When launching Mio Map none of the contact addresses appear as POI and attempting to launch Mio Map from the contact results in the message "House number not found".
TIA

I have not used this feature extensively due to an issue between contact address and mapping on the Mio. The POI is located at the Postcde reference point and not the post code plus building/house number.

The POI indicator is only shown if you have the My POI category not hidden in Mio Map - it is under My POI (menu, settings [cogwheel], manage POI, My POI - show)

The only way I have found to check the information send between outlook and the MIO is to check each POI in the contacts category.

I think the 7 digit post code is a red herring and Mio support are using this text as an auto answer to all post code enquiries.
Cappuccino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mio c510e Contacts Reply with quote

ernest_mio wrote:
The POI is located at the Postcode reference point and not the post code plus building/house number....I think the 7 digit post code is a red herring and Mio support are using this text as an auto answer to all post code enquiries.

Thanks ernest_mio, using the centre of the postcode would certainly explain the on-screen and quoted address shift although it makes a mockery of the feature as not only is the location only approximate but you need to exit MIO Map to remind yourself of the actual address.

Sadly this does not explain why so many contacts fail to be resolved at all though - I think I need to arrange work placements for some of our first year programming students as MIO seem to need the help! Wink

As for the stock answer - certainly reads like one, although generally most people try to make sure any standard texts at least use good English! Rolling Eyes

And what the hell do they mean by "We apologize for the inconvenience and have taken this into account"?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: