Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sysonchip CF+ CF card & Laptop problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sysonchip CF+ CF card & Laptop problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Sysonchip CF+ CF card & Laptop problem Reply with quote

Hi all,

Anyone out there know if there is anything special about syson's CF/PCMCIA adaptor? I have tried to use the adaptor that I have for my IBM Microdrive, it physically fits, the laptop see's a Syson CF GPS card, but it will not load the driver correctly, coming up with a "Code 10" error.
I have looked on Syson's website, but the driver there is the same as the one supplied on the accompanying disk. The Laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo, running XP home edition.
Any idea's? The Syson CF card works exceptionally well in my PDA (Fujitsu Siemens LooX 600) so I am not in doubt about it actually working!
Many thanks in anticipation,
Take Care,

Spike. Thumbs Up
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried using the SysOnChip in my laptop (mainly because as soon as I plug in a GPS WinXP blue screens on me (how nice!), but there can sometimes be differences between PCMCIA adapters. Some don't have all the pins wired as they're purely for Compact Flash storage cards, where as some are wired. It maybe that the IBM ones may not be wired up pin for pin or it may just be a driver issue on WinXP.
Spike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Flash Adapters Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, I have had my Leadtek USB GPS receiver running on my laptop without problems, so know that its not XP thats the issue, I also had wondered about the adapter wiring, but I will find out tomorrow, I have another couple of laptops in my office, so I will spend lunch seeing if its the adapter rather than another issue preventing this from working.
Otherwise, the Sysonchip CF+ seems to be a really sensitive receiver, consistently pulling up more satelities than any other receiver I have had, as per the review!
As for the reported delay problems, I think that they are probably due to XTrac firmware delays (a guess) rather than an inherent inaccuracy, but if I get time this week I will do some tests on it myself (let me know if you want to know the results?)
The syson certainly seems a better bet than the Fortuna GPSmartBT that I had, although I may have had a dodgy one as other reports seem to be generally favourable on that unit too.
Many thanks for your response though,
Take Care,

Spike. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: