Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT One V2 - Traffic Wireless Connection Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT One V2 - Traffic Wireless Connection Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanflux
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: TT One V2 - Traffic Wireless Connection Problems Reply with quote

I have set up the wireless connection fine, with my Nokia N93 smartphone. Whilst it's not on this TomTom list of connectable phones, it has the same operating system , etc. as other compatible phones like the N91, for use with TomTom Traffic.

Sets up fine, but when I get in the car & switch on my TomTom, I get lots of "unable to connect to wireless, check phone" sort of message.

Bluetooth is set up and paired with the phone fine.

When I initially switch on the TT, it does a connection to the phone, and this shows on the phone as a bluetooth activity. But after a few seconds there is a failure message. If I tap the right-hand "traffic" bar and choose the update icon, after a a few tried it connects fine, and is then okay until the next time & switch my TomTom off and back on again!

Anyone any ideas to help?

Thanks.
pendlerose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Re TOMTOM Bluetooth to Phone Reply with quote

I have the same problem emailed tomtom this was there reply

It appears that the connection to your mobile phone has not been successfully configured. Try re-configuring the connection to your phone following these instructions :

Use your phone's Bluetooth manager to DELETE the pair to your TomTom. Refer to your phone's user's manual if necessary.

Once the TomTom is deleted from your phone's trusted/paired Bluetooth devices, turn your phone OFF.

Perform a factory reset on the TomTom (Main Menu Change Preferences Reset Factory Settings).

After the TomTom is reset, you will go through the steps to set your preferences.

Turn your phone ON. Turn the phone's Bluetooth feature ON, and be sure that the phone is VISIBLE or DISCOVERABLE to other devices.

Set the phone aside and then select the "Mobile Phone" option on your TomTom to set up a new bond to your phone.

If your phone asks for a passkey, enter 0000. Then follow any additional steps necessary to create the bond.

It worked on mine for 3 days but not gone back to intermitant if i reboot my phone every time i want it to connect it works ok.

Mark
titanflux
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and help...... but having just tried this twice, it hasn't made any difference for me.

I even had some difficulty doing the wireless setup. The bluetooth pairing is fine, but the wireless bit struggled and took a few attempts.

When I monitor the connections in the phone software, when the TT1 tries to do a traffic update after being switched on, the bluetooth connection appears to drop out after a few seconds and the modem facility of the phone doesn't start. This can happen 2-3 times before getting a successful update.

When it DOES work, the bluetooth stays on longer at connect and the phone modem facility for packet data starts and stays connected fine. When the TT1 is turned off, the modem connection goes, and then its hard to start up again.

No problems with bluetooth on the N93 connecting to anything else. No problems with my 3G or GPRS mobile web.

I am stumped. I don't want to contact TT support, as with another problem thery were useless, didn't read my messages properly, and it was worse than pulling teeth!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: