Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Getting TomTom Repaired
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting TomTom Repaired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostSoul85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Getting TomTom Repaired Reply with quote

i have a TomTom one V2 seems as though their is a fault with the screen, any idea's who it is best to take for repaires?

Or do i have to send it to TomTom itself?

Many thanks, Sad
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Getting TomTom Repaired Reply with quote

LostSoul85 wrote:
i have a TomTom one V2 seems as though their is a fault with the screen, any idea's who it is best to take for repaires?

Or do i have to send it to TomTom itself?
Many thanks, Sad

The support number for TomTom in the UK?
0845 161 0009

Give them a call and they will provide you with the returns procedure.

Where did you buy the gps you may be able to take it back and exchange or get a refund Question
LostSoul85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i brought it from halfords about two weeks ago they usually are a head ache with returns from past experiences if i can avoid them id prefer that route.
Many thanks for reply
LostSoul85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may sound stuiped but would these pens be okay for the TomTom one V2? As it is my screen that is playing up and i was using a cocktail stick and seem to be abit better. I know the holder wouldn't fit... however im sure the pens would but just want to make certain i guess... Embarassed

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomtom-Custom-Holder-Pack-Stylus/dp/B000GW8A8G/sr=1-1/qid=1161433680/ref=sr_1_1/026-4105666-2636454?ie=UTF8&s=electronics
LostSoul85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*stupid Laughing Out Loud Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nip out to your nearest cheapo shop and buy an old fashioned pencil with a rubber (eraser) stuck on the back end. :D It will make a good extended finger to reach the screen and the rubber bobble is just perfect for tapping.
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostSoul85,
If you only bought it a couple of weeks ago you are entitled to have it exchanged, not repaired.
LostSoul85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! Went to Halfords just to see how they would react or what service they would offer. Anyway was talking to one of their staff turns out I'm not the first with this problem Confused .. about two have already been back!

So, i wanted a TomTom to use this week but one that was stable enough for me. And he convinced me to purchase the TomTom 510 says that it is a bit better stable wise (he won me over! very easy!). However they won't have it in stock till Wednesday.

Now I'm worried about the size jumping from a TomTom one V2 to a TomTom 510 .... i hope i have made the right move. Embarassed

Many thanks for all your help guys or advice! I'm free from the hell of TomTom one v2! Also turns out he didn't even need to see a receipt
Laughing Out Loud Laughing
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostSoul85 wrote:
.... i hope i have made the right move. Embarassed

you didn't
LostSoul85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may i ask why?
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostSoul85 wrote:
may i ask why?

TT ONE is a nice small and light device unlike this horrible monstrosity 510. I cannot see any reason why 510s should be more relaible. ONE can be perceived as a newer unit.
LostSoul85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Eldar, thought I’d just tell you how I felt about the exchange since you were replying to this thread. Anyhow...

The TomTom 510 seems to be much better! Than the TT one V2! You are right it is very big compared to the TT One V2, however this unit does seem to be a bit more stable, compared to my experience with the TT One V2! I think I can live with the size it just takes time to get use to.

The TT One V2 was very sleek and light weighted however I think I came across one that gave me one to many problems with the reset button and the selecting things on its own. So I'm a happy man.

Now my only problem is, I don't know if you could help is that the TT 510 indoors seems to take a bit time picking up GPS signal compared to the TT One V2 maybe because this is an older model? Or I didn't update it right?

Also you don't have any idea which memory card the TT 510 supports do you? As I'm thinking of buying a bigger memory card?

Many Thanks!!
Smile
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostSoul85 wrote:
Hey Eldar, thought I’d just tell you how I felt about the exchange since you were replying to this thread. Anyhow...

The TomTom 510 seems to be much better! Than the TT one V2! You are right it is very big compared to the TT One V2, however this unit does seem to be a bit more stable, compared to my experience with the TT One V2! I think I can live with the size it just takes time to get use to. The TT One V2 was very sleek and light weighted however I think I came across one that gave me one to many problems with the reset button and the selecting things on its own.

You are comparing a faulty TT ONE to a working 510. Not surprising the 510 is working better.

LostSoul85 wrote:

Now my only problem is, I don't know if you could help is that the TT 510 indoors seems to take a bit time picking up GPS signal compared to the TT One V2 maybe because this is an older model? Or I didn't update it right?

There are a number of reasons why it could be happening, but it is not because 510 is an "older" model - GPS chipset is the same for both models. Have a read here:
http://www.satnav-shop.com/index.php?ln=en&pg=6&sec=11
LostSoul85 wrote:

Also you don't have any idea which memory card the TT 510 supports do you? As I'm thinking of buying a bigger memory card?

there should be a list on TT website and it has been discussed here as well. I believe that you shoul dbe OK if you buy a Sandisk or a Kingston SD card.
LostSoul85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true about the faulty TT one V2, ill guess ill never know but at the moment i feel i can rely on the TT 510 not to give me any problems at work Smile .

Many thanks Eldar for your quick replies/the links aswell and easy answers you have been great help Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: