Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One GB and MDA Vario
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One GB and MDA Vario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SASSBS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: TomTom One GB and MDA Vario Reply with quote

Hi All,

I purchased a TomTom one from Halfrauds, the product was faulty, the USB Cable is missing, the CD is missing and the SD Card is unreadable in the TomTom. I eventually got the SD Card working after 5 formats, Halfrauds would not replace the unit even when trading standards phoned them. It seems to be working for normal use but when I try and connect to my MDA Vario (IMATE K-JAM/O2 XDA Mini S) phone it connects then kills the GPRS Connection.

I Have called TomTom who were useless, they just said "Even though the box lists it as compatible and the software itself is showing the MDA Vario as an option, it is not supported buy a decent phone" and they hung up. I spoke to 2 very rude people there without success.

I have tried a friends TT one and it works fine, and my phone works with his TT unit. I think its a faulty unit but no one will help me.

any help in getting the TT to talk to my phone appreciated.
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the unit has bits missing and is refusing to work with your phone (and you can prove that it does work with a similar unit) take it back to Halfords and demand a refund / replacement. Quote the sale of goods act and if needed, write a letter (registered) to Halfords head office stating the facts. Give them 14 calender days from receipt of the letter to respond and if no joy, take them to small claims (ensure you put this in your letter). More info on the SoGA:

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/Fact%20Sheets/page24700.html

(remember to state that you have had NO use from the item or they may only give you a partial refund)

Your contract is with Halfords as this is where you purchased the unit from. It is not with TomTom.

Try this number:

Switchboard – All General Enquiries
Tel: 01527 517 601

and hopefully you won't have to speak to a schoolboy.

If no joy, try this:

Customer Services – Customer Enquiries (Mon to Fri 8.45am – 5.00pm)
Tel: 0870 870 8810

If still no joy, write that letter to:

Halfords
Halfords Plc, Redditch
B98 0DE
Worcestershire
England
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
SASSBS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have already done all that Halfords are refusing to do anything and so are tomtom trading standards are involved in the matter and have an inquiry into there practices open at present. At this stage I just want to get it working with my phone if I can...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: