Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which speed camera database to download for a Garmin C320
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which speed camera database to download for a Garmin C320

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Which speed camera database to download for a Garmin C320 Reply with quote

I have a Garmin C320 and have installed POILoader. Should I download the speed camera database file named "POILoader i3, Nuvi etc" or the file named "Speed Zoned Complete"?
bomor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Garmin 320 Reply with quote

I assume your Garmin is a Nuvi 320 if so the following should help you?
Download the latest POI to a folder, give this a name.
Then download your speedcamera stuff to the same folder, but unzip it you should have something like 14 files now. plug your novi into the computer usb port and the other end to the Nuvi, go to edit on top of the page and select all. download all to your novi 320
bomor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Garmin 3230 Reply with quote

Hey again

Forgot to mention when downloading the speedcamera stuff, in the dropdown choose Garmin...press enter
Choose one zone ( this for all cameras ) continue as I mentioned
gorner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. My model is actually the Garmin StreetPilot C320 not a Nuvi. I had sussed out how to download the files and then upload them to the StreetPilot usiing POILoader. However there are a choice of files for Garmin. I wanted to know which files to download - the file named "POILoader i3, Nuvi etc" or the file named "Speed Zoned Complete"? Can you help with this point -I'd be very grateful?
bomor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again.

Sorry I am not much help here when it comes to the POILoader i3,nuvi etc. As I do not have a Garmin StreetPilot C320.
However if by my recollection the Speed Zoned Complete is very much the same as the Single file all cameras GPX, so I would go for the Speed Zone Complete as it has 24 files when ziped.

The Single File all cameras GPX contains most of the cameras you need, but I am unsure if it is workable with your Garmin.

So pose the question again on the forum but don't forget to put the complete Garmin name of your device.

Bomor
GrayWilko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just bought a Garmin Quest 2 and am new to GPS and all this POI stuff too like you. I've downloaded the POI database with 14 files in it OK, but is this everything (ie all 7000 camera sites for the UK) or do I need to load some others?

Thanks
missing_user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrayWilko wrote:
Hi, I've just bought a Garmin Quest 2 and am new to GPS and all this POI stuff too like you. I've downloaded the POI database with 14 files in it OK, but is this everything (ie all 7000 camera sites for the UK) or do I need to load some others?

Thanks

I have 13 files in the POI download. Only 10 are important [5 containing the data and 5 the icons]

There are 10278 camera locations in the database.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: