Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few suggestions -

1) try make it work with a) firefox login or b) at least firefox using ie-tab!
2) a manual 'check now' button may be handy for those whose internet connection doesn't exist when pcis loaded
3) an option for changing the default poi folder

other than that, top stuff!

MaFt
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
1) try make it work with a) firefox login or b) at least firefox using ie-tab!

I quite agree that having to log in via IE (albeit only once) isn't ideal - but it's a whole lot easier than writing an entire http code stack from scratch.

Quote:
2) a manual 'check now' button may be handy for those whose internet connection doesn't exist when pcis loaded

Even if there is no network connection when the application is first loaded, it will try again in fifteen minutes.

There is also a function to force a database download, although this is presently disabled.

Quote:
3) an option for changing the default poi folder

The application picks up which directory is used by POI Loader, so I'm not sure why you would want to change it.

However, there is a slight problem for new Garmin owners. POI Loader only remembers it's working directory after a successful upload - so if you've freshly installed POI Loader (and never used a prevous version), you'll need to upload some arbitrary POIs first so that the working directory gets set properly.
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash,

What's your verdict on preventing the error from coming up if no connection is available when the App starts?

Trev
tuscanboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still having a problem with the default directory. I have run a successful update just using poiloader and selected the directory c:\garmin|camera. I then run camera manager and the directory still says c:\

Any other suggestion.

Steve
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuscanboy wrote:
I'm still having a problem with the default directory. I have run a successful update just using poiloader and selected the directory c:\garmin|camera. I then run camera manager and the directory still says c:\

What version of POI Loader are you using? I wouldn't recommend using anything newer than 2.2.1, which can be found here:

http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/POILoader_20.exe

Did you have Camera Manager running in the background before you started your manual POI upload? If so, you'll need to quit it and the reload - the POI directory is only checked for once, when the application first starts.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
What's your verdict on preventing the error from coming up if no connection is available when the App starts?

This will be sorted in the next release - although I'm not sure if this should be suppressed, or appear in a balloon tip.
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
trevf wrote:

This will be sorted in the next release - although I'm not sure if this should be suppressed, or appear in a balloon tip.
A one off balloon tip would get my vote (not that we are voting but you know what I mean!!!)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
trevf wrote:

balloon would be better, imho

MaFt
guitareth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Can't get rid of the damned reminder balloon!!! Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
Hi Ash, looks like another bug for you...

I turned on my Laptop this morning and it informed me that a new Speed Camera update was available, so I put my SD Card in and used POI loader to update it... so far so good. However Camera Manager is still prompting me to update at about 20 minute intervals.

After running POI Loader:

As you can see the time is 9:43.

The Camera Manager Screenshowing last check was at 8:00 (this was when the new database was downloaded):

It may or may not be of use but I use this Laptop to update 2 i3s. One I have here, the other I do not have access to at the moment. Is the repeated message coming up because I have not updated both i3s? If so then I would suggest that an option is made available to allow users to say if they want to be prompted to update all SatNavs they have ever connected or just until they update one. It was my understanding that the message should be cleared as soon as POI Loader was opened, not after the update had taken place.

UPDATE

Sorry Ash, worked out the problem. It looks like Camera Manager does not recognise the updated POI Loader that was released earlier this week (sorry I don't have the Version Number). I have reinstalled V 2 and it works fine.

I hope this helps.

Trev

I installed your Camera Manager software this weekend. Very impressed, except I'm having same problem as above. Have updated my POIs to a microSD card via a card reader, but it keeps popping up the reminder every few minutes that "Updates are now ready for installing using Gramin POI loader"

I had updated to latest POI Loader version 2.3.2, but after reading your concerns about the newer version on ths thread, I thought that might be the problem, so today uninstalled it and reinstalled v2.2.1. I then used POI Loader to again update my POIs to my card, but it is still annoyingly popping up the reminder at regular intervals. Aaaargh!!!

Is there anything I can do to convince your program that I HAVE updated and stop these constant reminders?
Audio v2.30
HTC Desire Android Smartphone
--------------------------------------------------------
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't get rid of the damned reminder balloon!!! Reply with quote

guitareth wrote:
I installed your Camera Manager software this weekend. Very impressed, except I'm having same problem as above. Have updated my POIs to a microSD card via a card reader, but it keeps popping up the reminder every few minutes that "Updates are now ready for installing using Gramin POI loader"

I had updated to latest POI Loader version 2.3.2, but after reading your concerns about the newer version on ths thread, I thought that might be the problem, so today uninstalled it and reinstalled v2.2.1. I then used POI Loader to again update my POIs to my card, but it is still annoyingly popping up the reminder at regular intervals. Aaaargh!!!

Is there anything I can do to convince your program that I HAVE updated and stop these constant reminders?
I think you have to uninstall the new version before installing the older one.
guitareth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't get rid of the damned reminder balloon!!! Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
I think you have to uninstall the new version before installing the older one.

I did do that. From my post:
Quote:
...so today uninstalled it and reinstalled v2.2.1.
allanhawkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi This looks really good but the link seems to be broken? it comes up with URL error?
rustybullett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am having problems setting this up Sad I cannot seem to get the settings correct for the right paths. I'm just getting
"Current version : Unknown"
"Last checked : Unknown"
"POI directory : C:\"

Any help on how to adjust these would be great, Thanks. Smile [/img]
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustybullett wrote:
I am having problems setting this up Sad I cannot seem to get the settings correct for the right paths. I'm just getting

The current version of the camera database is unknown, because Camera Manager hasn't been able to download it yet.

Quote:

This means that Camera Manager has been unable to check for updates to the camera database.

Ensure that you're logged into PocketGPSWorld (using Internet Explorer), and that you're connected to the internet.

Quote:

The POI directory is set automatically - Camera Manager detects the last directory used by POI Loader, and uses that.

If you've never used POI Loader before, then the working directory won't be set. Create a new directory, copy the generated files from c:/ to the new directory, run POI Loader and point it in the right direction. Next time Camera Manager is run, it should pick up the directory correctly.

Some people have reported problems using versions of POI Loader that are newer than 2.2.1 - there's a link to download 2.2.1 above.
rustybullett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
rustybullett wrote:

The current version of the camera database is unknown, because Camera Manager hasn't been able to download it yet.

Quote:

This means that Camera Manager has been unable to check for updates to the camera database.

Ensure that you're logged into PocketGPSWorld (using Internet Explorer), and that you're connected to the internet.

Quote:

The POI directory is set automatically - Camera Manager detects the last directory used by POI Loader, and uses that.

If you've never used POI Loader before, then the working directory won't be set. Create a new directory, copy the generated files from c:/ to the new directory, run POI Loader and point it in the right direction. Next time Camera Manager is run, it should pick up the directory correctly.

Some people have reported problems using versions of POI Loader that are newer than 2.2.1 - there's a link to download 2.2.1 above.

Ok, call me thick but i'm lost. I have created a new folder but i have no idea on how to create a .csv file. Being a comp novice this is all a little hard Embarassed Sorry for being a pain!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 7 of 77

Jump to: