Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 510 not finding all streets
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

510 not finding all streets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: 510 not finding all streets Reply with quote

Help please
when i select destination and type in a town ie mexborough,then go to the street entry and the keyboard comes up i start entering west road but it finds nothing.it only finds streets upto beginning with letter m. ie streets starting with letter a to m,none from n to z
yet if i go to the map i can move around it and find that west road is there.
why dont it start coning up as a possibility if i enter w then e then s etc?

would pressing in the small reset button on the unit sort it out?
or any suggestions

by the way the maps are all showing up ok in smart desktop 3,and nothings been deleted or altered

hope someone can assist urgent please
Ray999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just entered the info you gave into my iCN 520 and it found West Road no problem, I simply typed in Mex for the area, then West for street search and it showed West Road. Is it possible you are typing in Westroad? without the space? Try typing West and just waiting a few seconds. I can't see this being a hardware problem, although an 'iffy' SD card might cause the problem.

If the problem presists it might be a slightly corrupt database. Follow the manual instruction to remove SmartST from the iCN, do a hard rest (battery Switch to off for 10 seconds, then re-install everything.
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i am thick,
any chance you helping me out here.
how do i uninstall the st stuff and reinstall etc.
i would appreciate a guided step for this as i dont want to cock it up

please help thanks
Ray999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleggie wrote:
ok i am thick,
any chance you helping me out here.
how do i uninstall the st stuff and reinstall etc.
i would appreciate a guided step for this as i dont want to cock it up

please help thanks

For a total reset, plug the Navman Unit into your PC USB port, when active sync starts, select explore mobile device, and delete the Program Files Folder.

Next browse to and open the My Flash Disk Folder and delete all of the contents.

Close active sync. Use the unit stylus and slide the battery switch on the rear of the iCN to OFF position. Unplug the USB cable then move the battery switch to the ON Position.

From Windows Control Panel, select add/remove programs and remove SmartST from you PC.

Reboot the PC, insert the Navman CD and re-install SmartST Desktop.
Connect your Navman iCN to the USB port, switch it on, and then start SmartST desktop, it will prompt you to install the SmartST system to your iCN.

For the iCN520 it's pages 84 and 85 of the manual.

The above will give you a clean install on the PC and the iCN. If the problem persists, you could have a faulty iCN unit, but I bet it's a software issue.
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: still no joy Reply with quote

did all as per instructions except forgot to uninstall smart st from my pc.

but it still does not find west road from destinations,in fact nothing shows if i type west.
however if i browse round the map of mexborough i can find west road and mark it from the cross hairs on the map.

but how come it dont show up when searching?

could it be that i should have also uninstalled smart st from my pc,is that essential?

also is it because of it being a icn 510 not 520 or 530?

i am at a loss now on this problem,otherwise it works ok on everything

thanks
Ray999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My manual states it's for the iCN500 series, so the 510 should have the same search ability as the 520.

Sounds like you may have a faulty unit Crying or Very sad
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: still no joy Reply with quote

cleggie wrote:

but it still does not find west road from destinations,in fact nothing shows if i type west.
however if i browse round the map of mexborough i can find west road and mark it from the cross hairs on the map.

Have you tried other similar locations, say West Close, Rotherham, West Street, Thurcroft.

Does the "W" show up in the window at the top of the screen?

Once you type that, wait a few seconds and the egg timer should appear. If you don't see the egg timer then it is pretty clear that the unit is not performing as it should.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray999 wrote:
My manual states it's for the iCN500 series, so the 510 should have the same search ability as the 520.

Sounds like you may have a faulty unit Crying or Very sad

No, the 520 had a better search function than the 510. It was one of the enhancements of the SmartST2005 software over the V3 software. Of course, if the 510 has been upgraded to 2005, they should be the same.
geekay2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be down to the map version being used. I had a similar problem with my street. Couldn't find it via the town first method but could by searching on the street first of all. I discovered then that the street was listed as being in the county rather than the town.

I think this is down to the database navman use for their maps so not really their fault.

When I upgraded to most recent maps the problem was solved and my street is correctly listed.
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there somewhere i can obtain st2005 then,or do i have to purchase it,although i have only just got the unit?
if it does cure the problem then if i have to buy it then i will fine.but its no good me buying 2005 to find thats not sorting it out.

would i also be better uninstalling the maps and reinstalling them .i have already uninstalled and reinstalled smart st 3

i am at a loss with this unit
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy the software only for £29 or the software with Western Europe maps for £69 from www.navman-store.com.
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: may be sorted Reply with quote

have found out the following

the vendor forgot to put in the version 3.5 software ie smartst 2005
also free speedcam software

have been onto him and he is sending me the discs to update from version 3 to v3.5.
he seems to believe 99% that this will sort my problem out.but he has also given me tel number for navman tech support if that does not cure it.
but if the fault still persists then i can return it for replacement which he will test before despatch.hopefully i can get it resolved one way or another.

thanks to all who have replied and assisted me by giving their help,it is appreciated
thanks to all
ps i will just make a final post here with the outcome tho in case it will help others
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have today updated to smart st 2005 software which is better than the smart st version 3.
however done another check for west road and still does not come up thru the search although still there if browse around the map.

so i am assuming now i need to put st 2005 maps on to navman too to get it to show up in search.

so it looks like gotta purchase new uk maps too.
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim can you assist pls?

i saw in another post regarding speed cam poi that only 99 show up but your reply was
It is a limitation of the Navman software that you can only see the first 99 locations in the list. The other cameras are there, though

does this apply to roads or streets etc when doing a search cos it seems this may be my problem cos it never shows more than 99 results on a serch
if so is there a fix for it?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that you need the newer maps but can't be sure as I don't have a 510 or 520 to check with. If someone with a 520 can find West Road under Mexborough, the new maps for the 510 will also work.

The 530 does find West Road, Mexborough but this has newer maps still. When you scroll round and find West Road on your current maps, tap pn Wert Road to put the crosshairs on it, then tap the crosshairs again and a popup menu should appear. One of the options is 'Details' and if you tap this it will tell you the address. Does it show as Mexborough or something else?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: