Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another ICN 520 problem!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another ICN 520 problem!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pauli363
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Another ICN 520 problem! Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but I have yet another question.

I successfully loaded parts of France from the enclosed European maps on CD via smartst 2005.

Firstly the software (smartst) is very slow, and the little eggtimer beside my pointer is on and off constantly. Is this normal? My main prob. however, is that the software now wont let me load any more maps when I left click the map and right click to add to my ICN sd card, (512mb with over 300mb still spare). I get an error message referring to smartst setup.exe or something, with an address. It also says contact navman if this problem persists. I battled through disconecting and reconnecting the usb cable to the ICN 520, as well as reloading smartst and managed to get another bit of France loaded before the error message appeared again. All the discs and software were included in the box. Is there a known bug in smart st? or can I download an update or fix. Many thanks in advance
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The connection from your ICN to the computer is USB 1.1, which is slow.
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried checking on www.navman.co.uk for updates or Service Packs for your ICN520, and SmartST2005 Software.

I don't know how long you have owned your Navman, or how old the software is, but I'm sure there was an update for SmartST2005 Desktop, and ICN towards the beginning of 2006.

Andy Wink

TomTom Go 720.
Pauli363
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the navman yesterday (new). It was built in July 2005 (according to the menu) and I have smartst 2005 . I have seen a patch on this site, would it be worthwhile trying this or is it likely I am already running the latest software?
Pauli363
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, also noticed a service pack 1 available for download. Should I do this? I dont want to up the hardware
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Service Pack 1 was released around February 2006. It fixes a couple of minor software bugs in ST2005. You will probably end up with an American voice direction. You will need to change back to the UK voice.

To do this

Go to Main menu / Preferences / More Preferences / Startup and select Language selection screen, save, soft reset and you will get the language selection screen where you can re-select UK English.
Jabbers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this thread it should help you out with things.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35068
Pauli363
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, seems to be working better now. I think Ill invest in a card writer though, the icn is so slow to download its unreal. I also think Navman need to invest in a more user friendly website. Reading through the forums, there seems to be a lot of confusion about version numbers, whats the latest etc, and also gliches in their upgrades that load american voices etc. No excuse for a large electronics company! Thank God for Pocket GPS World!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: