Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Completely disillusioned!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Completely disillusioned!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digittt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Completely disillusioned! Reply with quote

I have been patiently and painstakingly plotting my purchase of my Bluetooth GPS - doing my damndest to find the best price. Just when I thought I'd found the product that is for me (Rikaline X7) - I find out about XTAC (or something like it) - and I'm completely lost again.

Can anyone suggest to me the best value Bluetooth (or other I suppose) GPS system to use with an IPAQ 2210 for in-car navigation purposes.

Suggestions as to the software would also be swell, although I have a tendency towards TomTom 2.

Muchas gracias,

Digittt
ColinR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Digitt,
Like you i also did as much research as i could before I brought a bluetooth GPS solution for my 2210. In the end i went for Tomtom Navigator 2 with the TT bluetooth GPS and I can definitely recommend the TT bluetooth receiver. Its very small and discrete when sitting on the dash, and powerful enough to pick up enough sats most of the time even if you leave it in your glove compartment!.

The TT software works really well and the deciding feature that swayed me Tomtoms way was the ability to import the Speed Camera database that works with CheckPoint to warn me of speed cameras even if i am not using the navigation voice commands in Tomtom.

I decided not to mix and match because i figured it was better to get everything from one manufacturer, that way there would be no nasty little compatibility surprises ! Sad

I found the cheapest deal at Mobile Technology in Sidcup £260+VAT http://www.mobtech.co.uk/ecbmob/item1302.htm
Small company but very helpful

Hope this helps 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: