Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Re: CP6 patch and the safety camera databases
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Re: CP6 patch and the safety camera databases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1971 wrote:
Hi,

Thats what I did at first but it never worked for me - hence going back to the drawing board.

I agree that it should work as you say.

Matt

It really should work, so much so that there must be something wrong with your PC setup.

Now I know that you said that you deleted all the folders left behind, but did you disable your Anti-virus before the installation. I have experience of PC installation problems if the Anti-virus is active during installation. (Disabling the Anti-virus software is actually in some ALK instructions)

Additionally, I have (so far) never had any sucess installing both the PC and the PPC applications at the same time. I have always had to install the PC application on its own, then use the wizard to create the quickstart card ready to install on the PPC.
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem but it relates to the desktop rather than the PPC. Everything works fine on the PPC .ov2 and .bmp files renamed and copied onto the storage card as per instructions, the files get integrated and camera notifications work fine.

However if I copy the same files into the (upgraded) desktop \eu\save directory and restart CPL it doesn't fully integrate (extract?) the ao* files and some of them have 0 bytes. This always worked before the patch.
I did a complete clean install with new CPL directories so there are no rogue legacy files anywhere.

Anyone else had this problem or any ideas?

Many thanks

Terry
starion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick thanks to those that suggested a reinstall!

I did a complete deinstall of both Desktop & PPC.
I then reset the PPC
I reinstalled from the Original CP6 media (desktop & PPC)
I stopped and checked that all was working ok before....
Lastly applying the latest patch.
Finally added my saved (safteycamera files)

Some 4 hours later (stopped to watch a bit of TV)

Hey Presto! All working again!! MAGIC!! :D

Cheers chaps

Starion.

P.S. My TTS/WAV issue has gone away as well ** weird ** 8O
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starion wrote:

P.S. My TTS/WAV issue has gone away as well ** weird ** 8O

GGGGgrrrrrrrrr - mine hasn't!!

Only thing you did different (I think) was you didnt uninstall the original PPC install before applying the patch...if this is correct - it could be a solution to the TTS/WAV issue?

Matt
starion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi matt1971,

When I said that applied the latest patch I meant via ALK's PDF instructions which as you know recommend uninstalling Pocket Speech and CP6.

So yes, I did uninstall CP6 from the PDA as apart of the upgrade process.

My PPC uses and stays with (UK Roger TTS).

I found that if I went into Language & Speech options and made my selections (UK Roger etc) then I listened to the test voice sample and then imediately exited CP6 it all worked!

Starion
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TTS/WAV issue seems to be intermittent.

I went on 3 journeys yesterday with Roger guiding me OK. I set off this morning and Jane kicked in again Confused

I listened to the test voice for Roger and he woke up.

Why TTS should work one day and not the next, i have no idea.
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nivek22 wrote:

I went on 3 journeys yesterday with Roger guiding me OK. I set off this morning and Jane kicked in again Confused

I honestly dont know if this is relevant, but before the patch (when everything was working fine for me) on my WM5 PPC-PE if the messaging application was open I would get Jane however if I closed it Roger would speak.

Could this bear any resemblance to the new problem of intermittent voice swapping, ie Did you use the messaging in between routes?

Matt
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eltel wrote:
I have a similar problem but it relates to the desktop rather than the PPC. Everything works fine on the PPC .ov2 and .bmp files renamed and copied onto the storage card as per instructions, the files get integrated and camera notifications work fine.

However if I copy the same files into the (upgraded) desktop \eu\save directory and restart CPL it doesn't fully integrate (extract?) the ao* files and some of them have 0 bytes. This always worked before the patch.
I did a complete clean install with new CPL directories so there are no rogue legacy files anywhere.

Anyone else had this problem or any ideas?

Many thanks

Terry

This sounded interesting, so I thought I would have a good look. So far, this is what I have found out:

As you say, the 'safetycamera' files are not displayed, however (for me at least) they were incorporated. This was confirmed via Tools | Custom places. The only file I have as 0 bytes, is aoPoi.fts, but I would get that under the same circumstances with v6.0.0.68, so if that is your only 0 byte file I doubt if that is the issue.

It would appear that there is changed processing for POIs which start with 'safetycamera', because when I imported the very same files with their old names, they were displayed as before.

Also, if you 'Edit | POI download options' and then expand Custom you will see the cameras there too. Select them and they will be downloaded to an SD card by the wizard. However, when CoPilot runs, even though it shows the camera icons on the map, it will only report them using the old method of POI alerts, not the new Safety Alerts.

It would appear that only ov2 files incorporated by CoPilot (PPC) from the save directory on the SD card are recognised by the new Saftey Alerts. Anything incorporated via the PC is simply recognised as just another POI.
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 - thanks. I'll try again using the old pocketgps_sc filenames on the desktop when I get home tonight - if I have the will to carry on with it!
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1971 wrote:
nivek22 wrote:

I honestly dont know if this is relevant, but before the patch (when everything was working fine for me) on my WM5 PPC-PE if the messaging application was open I would get Jane however if I closed it Roger would speak.

Could this bear any resemblance to the new problem of intermittent voice swapping, ie Did you use the messaging in between routes?

Matt

By 'messaging application' are you refering to emails / texts etc. or the CoPilot Live messages?

Either way i don't believe i used any of the above between journeys.

Thinking about it though i could have done a full 'power off' which is similar to a soft reset on the a701. I'll experiment with this to see if i can reproduce the problem.
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering whether it automatically switches to WAV when it gets short of memory.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried everything that i can think of to get Roger to fail and Jane to start up.

I've performed a full power off, a soft reset and i've opened lots of applications in the background. Whatever i try i can't reproduce the problem.

I wonder if Roger is a late riser and it's just a morning thing :D
Bohica
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
ref the TTS issue,I can't get it working at all,so by default it's Jane.
I got in touch with ALK technical support,who admitted that there is a problem with the install(The TTS Cab file is missing out of the data download bits),and that they are working on it.....

Having done a complete un-install,on both PC,and PDA,re-installed CP6 to PC,applied patch,then transferred to PDA via SD Card,and re-installed from that.......TTS still missing........if you followed ALK's advice and copied the TTS.cab file from your PC directory,and installed over the top of your current new install,you won't get any Voices at all..........

Interestingly enough,the speed camera POI transfer worked a treat,along with a couple of other sest of POI's that I use.....

One thing that is confusing me however is whilst I get the Speedcam warning box,and the distance to it,I'm getting my current speed displayed,as opposed to the speed-limit advisory.......
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all very odd. I have installed the patch and so far been able switch between voices without problems.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
This is all very odd. I have installed the patch and so far been able switch between voices without problems.

Me too, on an iPAQ 2210

Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: