Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Globalsat Bt338,Hx4770 and Destinator PN
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Globalsat Bt338,Hx4770 and Destinator PN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunmach
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Globalsat Bt338,Hx4770 and Destinator PN Reply with quote

Hi, I have the above configuration and have the following problem. The GPS receiver works ok as my PDA shows satellite info etc using bluetooth and GPSinfo on my PDA. This includes speed and direction etc when placed in car. The GPS info also shows good receiving targets on GPSinfo from Globalsat software. I am using serial port 8 at a speed of 38400. When I launch destinator it cannot find GPS even though if I flick onto GPSinfo all information comes up fine. Bluetooth diagnostics are fine. Has anyone any ideas? Any help appreciated,
Stan
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sunmach

I have the same combination of Globalsat BT338, HP4700 and Destinator PN as you mention and mine works fine. At a guess it must be a problem with the settings, probably in PN.

The settings I use for the GPS Settings (in PN) are COM Port 6, Baud Rate 57600 and Protocol NMEA.

If I change the Protocol to SiRF then the GPS does not connect with the BT388. The normal COM Port setting would be COM Port 8 but I use a virtual Port 6 for PN and virtual Port 7 for my AA Speedcare software by using the GPSGate software.

I use this setup with AA Speedcare looking after the speed cameras as I find it much easier than trying to get PN to work with the downloadable Speed Camera database. They are both happy to run at the same time and the warning and route instructions will be given no matter which one is on the front screen.

Have a look at your settings and see if the match. If you need me to check any else, let me know.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
sunmach
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Globalsat Bt338,Hx4770 and Destinator PN Reply with quote

Dave, Thanks, will try your settings and let you know.
Stan
sunmach
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, sorry for the delay. That worked fine. thanks,Terry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: