Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hp rz1710 + kirrio cradle bundle
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hp rz1710 + kirrio cradle bundle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b34r5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: hp rz1710 + kirrio cradle bundle Reply with quote

I've got the iPAQ1710/ViaMichelin bundle which seems to be everywhere at the moment, and im quite happy with it. My only main complaints are with the underpowered iPAQ.

Anyway, a couple of things (from a newbies point of view)-
1. First of all.. where can I find a map to replace the one which comes with the software?! I dont know about most people here but the map is just completely wrong around where I live :-/ Could I somehow put on a map from an alternative package, like a tomtom map/ any other ideas?

2. <This is slightly off topic, but I've seen quite a few people here have the same bundle as me so i'll give it a try if thats alrite> I've loaded quite a bit of freeware onto my ppc, and some of it is gps software. None of the software i've found is able to talk to the kirrio gps reciever though, even if i use the connection settings which make the kirrio work with viamicheline. Me being a noob, can you suggest any reasons why?

Thanks a lot in advance Smile
Blazexx1100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Coz it will only work with michelin Reply with quote

Unfortunately the cradle will only work properly with the michelin software. I mistakenly thought that kirrio would help me out as i couldnt get the cradle to work with tomtom navigator 5.

Shortened version of their reply - Sod off, its designed for use with michelin software and we aint gonna support it and arent prepared to help you to use it with any other software.

I'v since confined the cradle to the cupboard, binned the software. And now use TTNav5 with a wired gps!
b34r5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh ok.. I thought that this perhaps may be the case but was hoping there would be a way around it. Thankyou very much for sharing your knowedge!
Tebster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the Kirrio cradle to work with Tom Tom 5 but unfortunately you lose the use of the powered speaker in the cradle but the gps works fine.

To enter the settings in TT5 you go into change preferences / show gps status then configure.

Choose other cable nmea gps then set the baud rate to 57600, you should then select S2410 Com 1.

If it doesnt detect the receiver just play around with the baud rates.

This worked fine on my ipaq rz1710 :D
Tebster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my previous post i wrongly quoted the baud rate, you should set it to 19200 :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: