Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No signal on TomTom BT GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No signal on TomTom BT GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayamit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: No signal on TomTom BT GPS Reply with quote

My TomTom GPS receiver (Silver) seems to have suddenly stopped working, for no apparent reason. It was fine until two days back. But yesterday, it was just not getting satellite signal. I read through many other posts complaining about GPS signal, most of them were about the GPS receiver not connecting to the PDA. Well, my problem seems to be different. The Blue LED is flashing and when paired and connected using the BT manager, it changes to a solid blue. No problems there. But the 2nd LED, the Green one, is just not flashing. It used to do that before, and soon after switching on, indicating satellite reception. But it just doesn't do that anymore. I know that the LED itself is working because it comes on briefly when switching on/off.

I thought it might be caused by low battery, but even after charging it completely, it doesn't work. Any ideas? Is there anything I could do to make the unit work again? Or is the unit completely dead? Any help would be very appreciated.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the original TomTom BT GPS have a reputation for dying of young age. You can try to drain the battery completely (or open the receiver and remove the battery) but it may just have gone to sleep forever.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
rayamit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on this one. I took your advice and left the receiver switched on to discharge. After leaving it for a few hours (not fully discharged yet), it started getting satellite signal and the green LED started flashing. I have no clue what went wrong before, and why a half charged receiver would get a lock, but not a fully charged one. Confused I also drove in the car the before with the receiver switched on, and it just never got a satellite lock. Can't explain this behaviour, but hey, it's working now. :D That's what matters.

I thought I'll post this note anyway for someone else who might face a similar weird problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: