Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wasllis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there
thanks for your reply
i only seem to get a gatso icon show without any speed indication???
if i go" to add poi" in the change pref. menu i only have 6 categories
continental
uk gatso
uk mobile
uk redlight
uk spec
uk temp
is that correct or should there be gatso 40 etc there???
all the best
paul
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hers a copy of Oldboy's instructions I had stored on my pc. There are already in this thread but can't find the page

There can be 3 setups for speed cameras.

The first is a single file that contains all the cameras together, without any reference to what type. This is named pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2 and found in the 'single file version' folder.

Second is the 5 file version that divides the cameras into types. Gatso, Mobile, Specs, Redlight and Temporary. These you will find in the 'ov2 bmp' folder.

Third is the full 17 file version that divides the Gatso and Mobile files into speed zones. There are 7 each of the Gatso and Mobile files. These are found in the 'speed zoned/gatso/ov2 bmp' and speed zoned/mobile/ov2 bmp' folders. Add to these the Specs, Redlight and Temporary files as above.

I have not included the Continental file because you will only need this if going to the continent.. But should you want it , it's in the 'ov2 bmp' folder.

When you've decided which set you want copy each .ov2 file, and it's matching .bmp file to your map folder. Then setup the POI's in Manage POI.
wasllis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there
thanks for that
looks like ive not got the right files Embarassed
will try again
thanks again
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you Ray, you beat me to it. Evil or Very Mad

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Renpriv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Another newbie here, I have a similar problem to "wasllis" in so far that I am a little confused as to which files I should be downloading. I am sorry if this has been asked loads of times before, but I have tried looking at other posts, but still come out a little confused.

I am using POI Edit as it seems easier and the files I have got are as follows:

Pocketgps uk gatso
Pocketgps uk gatso 20
Pocketgps uk gatso 30
Pocketgps uk gatso 40
Pocketgps uk gatso 50
Pocketgps uk gatso 60
Pocketgps uk gatso 70
Pocketgps uk gatso tba
Pocketgps uk mobile
Pocketgps uk mobile 30
Pocketgps uk mobile 40
Pocketgps uk mobile 50
Pocketgps uk mobile 60
Pocketgps uk mobile 70
Pocketgps uk mobile tba
Pocketgps uk redlight
Pocketgps uk specs
Pocketgps uk temp

Am I right in thinking that if I download the speed specific items ie. 'Pocketgps uk gatso 40', I do not need to download 'Pocketgps uk gatso'? The reason I ask is that so far all I have been warned about is temporary camera locations and each time I seem to get double warning and pictures. A warning I had for a red light camera was fine and was only told once.

My final question refers to the custom voices. I have got TomTom Navigator 5 App Verson 5.000 (4890) and I downloaded PPC 4.400 2850 which I think is the right file. I followed the instructions, but when I assign the alerts to the correct POI and test the sound, I still get the original voice???

From what I can tell so far the database seems to be excellent and even includes a truvello camera that has only recently been installed near where I live. Incidently, do Truvello cameras come under "Gatso"?

Can you please help this newbie out :-)

Many thanks in advance
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Am I right in thinking that if I download the speed specific items ie. 'Pocketgps uk gatso 40', I do not need to download 'Pocketgps uk gatso'?

Yes.
The full set you need for speed-zoned cameras will be:

Pocketgps uk gatso 20
Pocketgps uk gatso 30
Pocketgps uk gatso 40
Pocketgps uk gatso 50
Pocketgps uk gatso 60
Pocketgps uk gatso 70
Pocketgps uk gatso tba
Pocketgps uk mobile 20 (Missed off your list)
Pocketgps uk mobile 30
Pocketgps uk mobile 40
Pocketgps uk mobile 50
Pocketgps uk mobile 60
Pocketgps uk mobile 70
Pocketgps uk mobile tba
Pocketgps uk redlight
Pocketgps uk specs
Pocketgps uk temp

Quote:

My final question refers to the custom voices. I have got TomTom Navigator 5 App Verson 5.000 (4890) and I downloaded PPC 4.400 2850 which I think is the right file. I followed the instructions, but when I assign the alerts to the correct POI and test the sound, I still get the original voice???

Don't know, I'm afraid (Go user)

Quote:

Incidently, do Truvello cameras come under "Gatso"?

Yes.
They are all kept in the same folders/POI categories, although since last month (I believe) they have started to call each individual camera "Truvelo:1234@40" or "Gatso:1234@40", so that might change someday. I guess it will also take quite a while for all the existing Truvelos that have been called Gatso to be re-named.
Renpriv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW

Thanks Andy_P2002 for such a speedy reply

Your answers have made it clear for me now. I will re-do my POI Edit and remove the redundant files so I don't get double warnings Smile

Just wait for my question on the voices now :-)

Once again, many thanks
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renpriv wrote:

You've got the wrong file you need the one for v5 build 4890.
Also you've put the file in the wrong place needs to go into | Program Files| Navigator | folder.
Back up ypur original data.chk file as well.
Renpriv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayflan wrote:
Renpriv wrote:

You've got the wrong file you need the one for v5 build 4890.
Also you've put the file in the wrong place needs to go into | Program Files| Navigator | folder.
Back up ypur original data.chk file as well.

Hi

Thank you so much for your answers.

You were right I had the wrong file and I was putting it in the wrong place too 8O

Done exactly as you said and all is working as it should.

Many thanks again :D
neostar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Spoken POI Warnings Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am running TT5 ver 5.0 on a HP IPAQ and am trying to change the standard beeps and bells to a spoken warning for Saftey Cameras. However when I follow the intructions provided on the site ( replacing the data.chk disk in Tomtom on the SD card with the one downloaded from the site ) the voices are still not on just the orginal beeps and bells.

I have tried just about all the files available for download, clearing the card after each attempt.

Any help would be much apprciated

rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoken POI Warnings Reply with quote

neostar wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am running TT5 ver 5.0 on a HP IPAQ and am trying to change the standard beeps and bells to a spoken warning for Saftey Cameras. However when I follow the intructions provided on the site ( replacing the data.chk disk in Tomtom on the SD card with the one downloaded from the site ) the voices are still not on just the orginal beeps and bells.

I have tried just about all the files available for download, clearing the card after each attempt.

Any help would be much apprciated

Your replacing the wrong file. The data.chk file to replace is not on your sdcard but on your device in | Program Files | Navigator |.
azreal1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: TomTom Mobile Reply with quote

I have app version 5.020. build 535 does anyone have an data.chk file.

I can email my data.chk file to anyone who can edit it for me. just send me an email to korlinski7 (at) orange . net

Obviouly without all the spaces. and the (at) should be a @ symbol
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Mobile Reply with quote

azreal1983 wrote:
I have app version 5.020. build 535 does anyone have an data.chk file.

Have a look at http://www.rayflanagan.co.uk/ I believe he is 'doing' a Mobile version.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be posting one later tonight too.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Original voice alerts Reply with quote

Hi everyone, what a fantastic job creating this customised alerts. I am just wishing that the original TomTom alerts (or at least a couple of them) were left unchanged as your alerts can only be used for speedcams and not for any other type of POIs. That would be extremely useful as it is usual to set proximity alerts for POIs other than speedcams (at least in my case). Going patiently through approximately 20 pages of this thread I found this requested several times but still the new voice alerts completely replace the original one. Any chance of keeping a couple of the original alarms (particularly the louder ones) included in your data.chk file ? Thank you again for all your efforts. 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 33 of 73

Jump to: