Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - right last but nt least
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

right last but nt least
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grimreaper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: right last but nt least Reply with quote

Ok.. im a new user... telecomms consultat and lots of IT experience. I am however NEW to this GPS S***, so,,, I 've been hunting around this site with numerous posts like mine. I have a medion md959000 4.75s/w.... im obviously p***ed off with the s/w, need east european maps, hacks, etc etc and there is no single focal point on this site to say how to hack it, which s/w to use etc etc, so lets start here...

**** msg to moderators***** why not start some single links to stuff, I hope is going to be posted here....

so...for example...I've bought the Aldi bit of kit...md95900, ve.4.75 ... pna200s... .. I want to use tom tom for example.....where do we start, what do we do.... basic, simple instructions for every1 to follow....... im sick of reading it can be done, it cant be done,,,,, bits of scrappy info... so cmon guys.. 1nce and 4all.. an answer for every1!!!!! simple solutions for simple tech equipment.(not simple people)

in advance...a BIG nTHANKYOU to all who respond..
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I think you need to be a bit more polite and show a bit less of the anger in the way you put questions on here otherwise you probably wont get many replies back.

Just a word of advice that all Smile its up to you if you take it or not.
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell did you buy a Medion PNA if you want to run TomTom? 8O

To run tomtom you need a PocketPC. The Medion 200S runs basic WinCE, and does not have the full compliment of PocketPC libraries.

And you're annoyed because it doesn't come with east european maps? Did you do your research first? If you had you would have known.

If you wanted TomTom then buy a ****ing tomtom!!!
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I prefer the instructions given from me Medion Navigator to the instructions from my friends TomTom. The TomTom software just seems to waffle more and bunches loads of instructions together. Navigator is clear and precise.
grimreaper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaps. thanks for the responses. It wasnt intended to sound rude, but as I said a single focal point for what seems like a hundred people all asking the same question.... and probably a hundred peopl sick of answering the same question.

As for wanting a Tom Tom, not necessarily so. I quite like the medion, I just need some how to get eastern European maps installed. SO , hacking seemed a good option and loading other software.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry but we dont do hacking of devices which is why there are no links for that as for eastern eu countries id go the to medion site and see whether they support eastern eu countires you want it depends who the map provider is medion i think is teleatlas from memory and looking at the medion site there is no support of eastern eu countries sorry

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
the map provider is medion i think is teleatlas

The map provider for the PNA200S is NavTeq.

I don't know if they do east european countries. But basically the original poster should have researched this to begin with and bought a device that supported the maps he required. No point whinging about it now.
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Hooloovoo and the others, you should have really checked before what was available for it! Rolling Eyes We all live and learn I suppose!
Stumartin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: right last but nt least Reply with quote

telecomms consultat and lots of IT experience
Mmmmmmmmmmm say no more
stu :P
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some BIG people out there, aren't there? This is supposed to be a site that 'helps' not hinders. It doesn't matter how a post is written (to a point), and in this case, I didn't think that the post was written with any excessive largesse.

Anyway, these satnav units are difficult to use for novices, even if you are IT trained! Most of us can understand a certain amount of annoyance, and can ALSO understand when that spills over onto paper. Deal with it, and stop whinging back!
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deal with what?

Us "Big People" are only stating a fact!

If people ask a civil question in a civil manner you get a civil response back

If people ask a civil question in a rude and aggressive manner you will get a negative response back.

Its all about being polite to others, in otherwords expect back what you give out.

Yes this site is about helping others but have you looked around to see how much help is given, lots of help thats how much and its all free help so remember that.

Sadly we all normally have to do some research before we go ahead and do or buy something and in this case this obviously was not done, therfore what can we do to help if the maps are not available in this case.

Sadly the post question was asked in not a nice way thus we answered back stating so.

Frustration is a fact of life and we all have to get used to it.

I feel sorry that he cannot use his GPS in Eastern European countries but we cant help.

End of story.
Stumartin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: COMPLIMENT Reply with quote

I think that this forum is well controlled and well run the answers are VERY professional even if the Questions seem to be Vague
The Navs all come with handbooks and most of us can use them

The point of the forum is realy tips and tricks
and if you bother to look through the threads you will find most answers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up the good work and dont stand for any Backchat
You have the power to D E L E T E
Stu
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An eye for an eye, eh? Where's your forbearance?

If you look through my previous posts you'll see that I have indeed been most helpful to those less knowledgeable than myself (and there can't be many!).

I haven't whinged at every slip of the tongue, in fact I just 'deal with it', as not everyone has the same level of upbringing (and it isn't their fault in most cases).

If a member doesn't exactly tick the 'polite' box enough for you, just don't bother answering them. You don't have to get on your soapbox. It really isn't worth it.
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why are you replying?
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twinfanman, all I am saying is politeness is free to all Smile so be polite in asking questions and you will probably get a better response back.

I have forebearence (Big words never scare me by the way) but I also have a right to say how I feel if I see something that I feel is wrong and I did see something that I felt was wrong.

Twinfanman, may I politely suggest you read my first post properly before coming back at me and say I am one of the "BIG people" and asking where my forebearence is.

I will put it here for you to make it easier.

Quote:
IMO I think you need to be a bit more polite and show a bit less of the anger in the way you put questions on here otherwise you probably wont get many replies back.

Just a word of advice that all its up to you if you take it or not.

It says IMO (That means In my opinion) and thats what I meant, I think I put it plainly and simply.

Twinfanman, maybe you have not "Whinged" at every slip of the tounge on this forum, but I am sure you most likely have "Whinged" in other aspects of your life, so be careful if you accuse others of whinging as you are more than likely making yourself IMO a bit hypocritical.

Again hopefully end of story Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: