Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 5 copies sold on ebay 4 £10-are these legal copies?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 5 copies sold on ebay 4 £10-are these legal copies?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 wrote:
What a shame that TomTom don't do an upgrade from dodgy to legal like Microsoft currently do. It would be well worth risking the money for the minimum of a good discount!

I agree with that, or even maybe 15/30 day trials as with a lot of other software on the market. There are so many navigation programmes on the market at the moment it is difficult for someone new to the scene (like me) to make an informed decision. My PDA was bundled with Destinator 3 (an expensive experience) and that was really pants. What I would have liked to do was buy the PDA then trial software until I found one I liked, I have done that with a lot of software on my home PC.

Mark
PAQMAN
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that in the past I did get hold of a copy of TT3 which worked perfectly well. It made me a fan of TT so I got myself TT5 which is ok but like all software the manufactures expect you to do their quality control for them. If there had been a means of trialing TT3 in the first place I would have gone down that route, but I dont see why I should have to do the work of the developers and at the same time pay an inflated price for the priviledge.
gazza09
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

The TomTom Navigator 5 Software being sold on Ebay is probably pirated. I know someone who purchased a copy (came complete with all european and USA maps). There is a crack.exe file on there which removes the need to use a activation code.
mbailey3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAQMAN wrote:
I have to admit that in the past I did get hold of a copy of TT3 which worked perfectly well. It made me a fan of TT so I got myself TT5 which is ok but like all software the manufactures expect you to do their quality control for them. If there had been a means of trialing TT3 in the first place I would have gone down that route, but I dont see why I should have to do the work of the developers and at the same time pay an inflated price for the priviledge.

That is what WAREZ is all about.

Allowing you trial SW and if you like it you buy the real software and if you don't like it you delete it.

I purchased a copy of ebay last month. I tried it and liked it (even though it is a little buggy at the moment) so purchased a legitimate TTN3 version and have applied for the upgrade to TTN5.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: