Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any Ideas ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Ideas ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glen007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Any Ideas ? Reply with quote

Yesterday I drove back from bristol Airport after a week away in turkey and my TomTom Navigator journey was not as smooth as i would have like it to be.

First Of all I turned by ipaq on and the bluetooth icon had disappeared meaning I could not turn it on. This was overcome by a reset, any clues?

The sat Bt338 receiver got a fix pretty quicky but the signal was low about 3 to 4. Then for no apparent reason it would loose the signal and i would not no where i was going. If i pulled over it would get a fix quickly but as soon as i started moving again signal problems would occur. The signal strength of the receiver never got above 4 which is very unusall for this receiver! any ideas?

Also when it was working it seemed to lag a bit, now I dont know whether this was because of the bad signal or weather it was because i have the tomtom files on a new compact flash card. It is a VIKING INTERWORKS 512mb compact flash card it was £22 so a cheap one. I got a bigger card in preperation for my TTN5 upgrade. any ideas?

Now after reading many posts ont this forum I performed a reset of my gps receiver by pulling the batter out for 30secs (from what I can remember) after starting it up again in the garden i pretty quickly got up to a strength of 7, but again not to sure if this was just because I was still.

Any ideas would be great, just did not have a clue what was going on during this journey. Also It was very hot (tmperature affect performance maybe) also the GPS receiver was not turned on for a week whilst i was away.
COMPACT FLASH VIKING INTERWORKS 512MB
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont suppose that you mucked around with it in Turkey did you? If you did it might have taken longer because you had moved so far away from the last lock.

If you didnt had you used it when you went to the airport? the same thing might have happened.

How long did you wait to get the locks before you drove off? Sometimes that causes problems if you start before you have proper locks. I usally wait until the bars turn red.

With regard to the bluetooth what do you mean by "The icon had disappeared"? On my HP 4150 I sometimes have problems getting the bluetooth manager opening but this is solved by closing a few programs.

The speed and quality of a compact flash card can have an effect on the functioning of Navigator but the only real way to see would be to re-run the same journey under the same circumstances using other cards.

Have you tried a journey after the reset?

Hope this helps a little. If not please excuse the ramblings of an idiot!!!

Raymond
Glen007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did turn it on briefly to make sure it still had power and I suppose this could have caused me a bit of grief.

I did however wait for a proper fix before driving off. I had a 3d fix with 3 bars showing red, but i either kept losing the signal or it never went above 4 which is very unsual for the BT338 Receiver

On my ipaq to turn the BT function on I have an icon in the lower right hand corner, which had dissappeared.

Would this compact flash (see profile) lead to the maps scrolling poorly.
COMPACT FLASH VIKING INTERWORKS 512MB
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of the little icon at the bottom of the screen going for a walk.

I suppose that the card could be the cause of the problem with the poor scrolling but I always thought that compact flash was faster than SD cards.

By the way what Ipaq have got, is it a Compaq Ipaq or an HP?

What version of Navigator were you using?

Raymond

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: