Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Screen locking up?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen locking up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arthurnorman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Screen locking up? Reply with quote

I have Tomtom 5 installed on a CF card in an Ipaq 4700. SOMETHING seems to lock up every hour or so, and I hope somebody can advise me on how to work out what. The experience today was that while driving along not touching the ipaq and with my bt338 liable to be keeping a good lock the screen froze, leaving a display of the way ahead when that happened. However as I drove on voice prompts continued so that parts of tomtom were still running OK. When I stopped I could try the soft buttons on the ipaq and Icould not get any useful response out of them to get the display to change or switch to any other application. Powering off seemed to leave a state where when I powered back on I get the same frozen screen. A soft reset get me OK again. When just activesync is running my ipaq says if has 17.02+14.11 Mb of its memory free. Anybody else seen similar or can give me a clue whether this is tomtom or my ipaq? Thanks.
stu14t
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you getting any notification errors in a message box, telling you " Cannot start windows/ttgpseng.exe or similar?

Ipaq 2210 6GB CF II Microdrive
TTN5 with Holux CR-100/ Globalsat 338 BT
Deadly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem on my HP4700. Screen froze and yet voice commands continued. TT5 will not exit without a reboot either. On Friday it froze...crashed....and then hard reset. I will be thrashing it out with the boys at Tom Tom or will revert to version 3 which worked fine for overa year. Take care and back up....I lost no data.... just my directions to a gig on a busy Friday night.

Mark Deadly Smedley
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
arthurnorman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 3 or 4 freezed in a couple of days, with no notification boxes - just the road display stopped updating. I think I had one such instance when viewing where I was as the arrow on the big map rather than the 3D view of the road ahead. When I had done a soft reset I could observe that my battery was well charged so loss of power was not a problem - I am runing with both ipaq and gps on a Y power cable in the car. After some freezes I looked on the HP web site and now have upgraded to the 4.21.1088 build 15045.2.6.0 of Windows mobile but behaviour I report is the same before and after installing that.
Deadly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will let you know Tom Tom's reply as I have now sent them a support email and if worst comes to worse its goodbye 5 and hello again 3 Smile

Mark Deadly Smedley
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
arthurnorman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, I have found the thread http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22480&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
which seems to be about the same bad bahaviour...
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arthurnorman,

arthurnorman wrote:
Hah, I have found the thread http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22480&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
which seems to be about the same bad bahaviour...

I did read that thread and when similar is not the same problem related here.

My PDA had the problem related here today. No even reacting to soft reset. Just the navigating screen. No one hard button or tap on the screen produced results.

Finally I needed to perform a hard reset to get it alive again. BTW, it is a XDA II and GPS was a wired Rikaline.

Thankfully I got as spare the CABs for TTN 3 stored in the memory card and 5 minutes later it was running again.

As I said: "Welcome back TTN 3, bye bye TTN 5, see you by the next release".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: