Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which system?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which system?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imroberts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Which system? Reply with quote

Sorry in advance... I know this question has probably been asked (and answered) many times before, but I need to have a GPS system first thing tomorrow morning and I don't really know anything about them...

At the moment I'm looking at the TomTom Go 300 or the Navman icN510 (both around the £400 mark at Halfords - I know they can both be picked up cheaper online but as I say I need it by tomorrow)

Which of these is the easiest to use, has the best maps, etc? And also I'm wanting speed camera locations for whichever I buy - I know these are available on here for both the above units but which will be easiest to setup, offer the best coverage etc?

Also, I notice the Navman icN610 is only £299 in the PC World sale at the moment - how does this compare with the 510? I'd guess from the model number that it was a better unit but looking at the Navman site it appears to be an older model... better than the 510? Worse?

Thanks in advance for any comments, and sorry again!
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would go with the TomTom GO 500, the 300 looks a little bit too rubbish and I think the 500 is worth the extra money.

Can't comment on the Navman, I didn't like it when I saw it demoed.
Synth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose the Navman iCN 510 over the Tom Tom 300 as it was small enough to fit in my pocket or carry on baggage. The Tom Tom was too big.

Which one did you end up buying?
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I have a pocket PC anyway so I'm running TomTom3, soon to be 5.
jimbokb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Which one to buy Reply with quote

How dare you rubbish the Tomtom Go 300, it is a very good unit does what it says on the box & for £339 it is a steal.I will add that in my case i did need to buy an exturnal aerial due to my reflective windscreen. I have been all over the country using this unit and the only times it went wrong was infact due to map errors which is not down to the unit but the maps. Since most others nav system use the same maps they will encounter the same errors.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you could go for the hp navigation pack which will be cheeper still is easy to set up the software is the a the original go software no full postcodes but will the rest ie speedcameras but will not do traffic maps is the same as the original go maps too and pcworld do them if you cant wait

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: