Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Took Payment & Cancelled My Order!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Took Payment & Cancelled My Order!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: TomTom Took Payment & Cancelled My Order!!! Reply with quote

Hi

I ordered TT5 from the website yesterday (2 * UK & 1 * US),

The order was accepted and payment processed, I got the email saying the order had been done

This morning I check the support site and the status of my order is now Cancelled!!!

I cannot reorder as it shows my Product Ids as already used for upgrade, What are they playing around at

Has anyone else had this problem

Richard
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's ok....
themax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom Took Payment & Cancelled My Order!!! Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
Hi

I ordered TT5 from the website yesterday (2 * UK & 1 * US),

The order was accepted and payment processed, I got the email saying the order had been done

This morning I check the support site and the status of my order is now Cancelled!!!

I cannot reorder as it shows my Product Ids as already used for upgrade, What are they playing around at

Has anyone else had this problem

Richard

This has happened to me as well for another product ordered from TomTom. There is a problem with their partners banking integration, so sometimes they do not recieve the payment from your bank. Just re-order it and you should be OK. I got a call from TomTom explaining this a couple of weeks ago. You will not make double payments, it's just a glitch between your bank and TomToms partner that handles the purchase.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for the info,

I tried placing my order again and it was cancelled again, so I tried with a different credit card, and it was cancelled again

Now I have checked my card statments online and the *%$&s have taken the money out of my account 3 TIMES!!! (I ordered 2 * UK + 1 * US)

No Joke 180+ Euros * 3 is now missing from my accounts with Payments showing to TomTom. Whats worse is as the payments were in Euros from a UK card, when or if they refund them I will get stuffed on the exchange rate as they always refund at a lower rate

And of course the phone lines are just cutting you off now not queing!< I am really fed up with this crappy company

Richard
themax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: I guess it's time to flame support... Reply with quote

You're really having a bad time with your ordering. What I did was to write to them first, and that triggered that TomTom called me (never happened before). I was left without damage, I bet the same thing will happen to you - even if I understand your frustration of seing your order being cancelled three times (and charged as well).

I did not loose any money in the exchange of Euro to Swedish Krona, but send an email to TomTom (*show* your frustration), and let's hope for the best.

I agree that TT have some problems with both support and with communication with their users, but usually it ends up in the best way. I have had my arguments with them too.
Vini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:

No Joke 180+ Euros * 3 is now missing from my accounts with Payments showing to TomTom. Whats worse is as the payments were in Euros from a UK card, when or if they refund them I will get stuffed on the exchange rate as they always refund at a lower rate

i know the money appears to have gone, but it might just have been temp auth'd it may be returned to your account within 24-48 hours.

however, i may also be wrongs o keep trying to ring em Smile
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I finally got thru to them abut 4.55pm CET, Spoke to a helpful person who looked into it,

Said at first that the orders had been cancelled before the payment stage, after I explained that I had got the Payment confirmation Email, and had gone thru the Verified by Visa palava that was not correct,

She dug a little deeper and confirmed that yes all the orders had been paid and accepted by the online card processer they use, could not find a reason why this has happened and as all the main staff were leaving in a few minutes (5pm close), would look into it first thing tomorrow, took all my contact numbers and promised a call as soon as had info tomorrow, so will wait and see.

As to the comments about tempoary holds on funds, yes I understand that this can sometimes happen, but not with the online card processer that TomTom use, it is just a simple payment accept/decline process

Cheers

Richard
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a follow up to this I heard back from TomTom

The reason the order failed was that I ordered more than 1 copy of the UK Package in a single order, (I ordered 2* UK & 1 * USA)

They have now changed the system so that multiple attempts to order a single country package (Eg more than one UK&Europe) even if you have multiple legit product codes won't work, BUT for the last 2 days the system was accepting these orders then they were being cancelled manually with no notifcation

So if you have ordered more than one copy on a single order check your order is still active and has not been cancelled,

They said you can order the multiples but they will need to be on seperate orders (Extra 10e postage each time)!

Hope that helps

Richard

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: