Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help please ttmobile nokia 6600 bt gps problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help please ttmobile nokia 6600 bt gps problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: help please ttmobile nokia 6600 bt gps problems Reply with quote

i have tt mobile and a nokia 6600 the problem is i have a non tomtom bt gps how can i make it work :x tryed loads of things but no good
saintsfc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem. I have tried every solution posted in this forum with not success. I will keep trying and let you know if I work anything out. - good luck with yours!
Keans7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
What gps driver are you running?

Look in "about TTM"
saintsfc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: GPS Driver Reply with quote

I am using GPS Driver v1.20, any thoughts?
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: ttmobile 6600 any bt Reply with quote

got mine to work any one needs help just ask..
saintsfc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: How did you get it to work Reply with quote

Hi I have at the same problem for ages and cant get it to work so would love to know how you managed it!

Thanks
Melismobile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much help to those who have already bought a unit that you can't get working but this company http://www.inter-activeinformation.com/product_info.php?products_id=31&osCsid=4a67774fe53216ec0bc2cc04829f50f9

say "TomTom Mobile was originally built to only work with a TomTom GPS receiver.
In order to make it work with a non-TomTom receiver, you will need to
replace 6 files on the TomTom disc. We will send you the 6 files, as well
as instructions on exactly which files to replace.

The process is very simple, and you can see from our feedback that we've had
a huge amount of success helping customers through this.
"

and

"Yes, we stand 100% behind our product. We guarantee you 100% of your money
back if it doesn't work with both TomTom Mobile and TomTom 3. Just look
through our feedback and you'll see that we've had many happy customers."

Not bought one as yet but it looks like they will actually help with the problem, if you buy the kit from them

(I've no association with them btw !)

Mel
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody had any dealings with this company? I am always reluctant to deal with an online company that does not provide contact Telephone numbers or address's, after a quick perusal through their site i found neither, nor their feed back page.
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a unit from them and I actually told them how to get TomTom working with there GPS receiver and sent them the required files. The unit itself works fine and worked fine with my tomtom mobile, until my new receiver came. I will test it with TTM5 when my upgrade arrives ( if it ever leaves the warehouse ) but i don't envisage many problems as TTM5 has support for non TT receivers.
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of the upgrade. Has anybody actually received it from Tom Tom yet? And if so how long did it take? I ordered mine on Sunday, i know it states up to 5 weeks possible delivery, but surely this is an extreme, any ideas what the average is?
Melismobile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcb007 wrote:
Anybody had any dealings with this company? I am always reluctant to deal with an online company that does not provide contact Telephone numbers or address's, after a quick perusal through their site i found neither, nor their feed back page.

IMHO by using PayPal especially if you pay via credit card via PayPal you are very safe. PayPal have a complaints process, which generally retreives your money, but if it does not & you used credit card you complain via them and your contract is said to be with them . So I'm told anyway & I've used the process this way with no problems generally.

jayd - given the amount of people on the forum with this problem could you not send them the files or is the not allowed here ?

Mel
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i have sent the files to a few people already just give me a PM with your email addy and ill send them to you.
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcb007 wrote:
Talking of the upgrade. Has anybody actually received it from Tom Tom yet? And if so how long did it take? I ordered mine on Sunday, i know it states up to 5 weeks possible delivery, but surely this is an extreme, any ideas what the average is?

Have you checked your order status? What does it say? Mine still says authorised, which according to TomTom means my card has been cleared but they don't have the cash yet even though my account has been debited the amount already. I've emailed them about this and am awaiting an answer.
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked my orders. Exactly the same as yours. To be honest i am not a lover of how they do business. When i ordered it the final page just said 'you have paid', no confirmation email, in fact nothing else till the following day when i got an invoice. I would have preferred to have received an automated email in line with other companies saying my order had been received and would be procesed. Fortunately the product they are selling is better then the way the sell it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: