Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - s60 version 5 on n97
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

s60 version 5 on n97

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: s60 version 5 on n97 Reply with quote

i see the compatibility chart for nokia maps to support speed cam says s60,does this include all versions
jon
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: s60 version 5 on n97 Reply with quote

jon_ wrote:
i see the compatibility chart for nokia maps to support speed cam says s60,does this include all versions
jon
I don't think Nokia (OVI?) Maps support speed camera warnings at all. I think you need to use an external app.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
jon_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: nokia map speed camera Reply with quote

Confused
thanks for that,but i do in fact have some alert which kicks in ,their is a folder in the e drive called speed camera, and some coded gatso writing as such.
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: nokia map speed camera Reply with quote

jon_ wrote:
e drive called speed camera, and some coded gatso writing as such.

What phone and version of S60 are you using.

I have a N97 (S60v5) and have OVI maps installed. I do not have that speed camera folder. I have trawlwd my way through the folders on E: (mass memory) and not yet managed to find anything which looks like it may relate to the OVI maps inbuilt speed camera database and warnings. With the limited access provided to the folders on C: (internal memory) I am not being very hopeful about discovering the files/folders.

I did have the Nokia Speed Cam app on my N95 (S60v3) which allowed you to install it on memory card which does create a folder named Speedcam. Is this what you had installed.

The thread here has a discussion about installing the speedcam software

edit: I just reread the thread title so ignore my 1st line Embarassed
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ovi maps speed camera data is stored in cities\diskcache\safetyspots folder in whatever 'drive' you selected in Ovi Maps 'Settings..Map..Memory to be used'. The current file is 1.0.0.30.europe.cdt.

Also, the folder and data file don't appear until you select Ovi Maps 'Settings..Navigation..Safety spot warner' and are on-line.
City Navigator Europe NT 2018.10
jon_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: nokia maps speed camera Reply with quote

m a r k nice one (there you go)
jon_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: update current version Reply with quote

mark
i can see exactly where the files are you mentioned, please tell me where i can keep it up to date and where to insert the update
cheers
jon
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It automatically updates, no need to do anything. I've gone from 1.0.0.27.europe.cdt to 1.0.0.30.europe.cdt in the past few months which may indicate that it is a monthly update.
jon_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: auto update for nokia speed alert (mark) Reply with quote

thanks for that mark, did you by anychance re update the uk maps from the map installer,which may have updated the s/ware.(just wondering)
regards
jon
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean.
You update maps using 'Nokia Map Loader' program (either on its own or via 'Ovi Suite' or 'Nokia PC Suite'). Best to delete the maps you have first and only load the ones you want. Map updates are same for Garmin about 4 times a year.

The 'Ovi Maps' app update is obtained via the 'SW update' app usually.

Neither update safety cameras.
jon_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: speed cam update Reply with quote

thanks mark, then im confused now, in your prev comment i see you advise that the speed cam auto updates periodically, so if its not related to the ovi maps pray tell what it is related to, i seem to wonder if it running as seperate thing to nokia maps, i must admit i really dont know how i have got the speed cam alert on the phone,

please bear with me on this as your help is important.

cheers
jon
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, when I said neither updates the speed cameras file, what I meant was neither 'Map Loader' nor 'SW Update' update the speedcam files.

Ovi Maps application on the phone does this automatically if you are on-line and logged in.
jon_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: nokia speedcam updates Reply with quote

thanks for that, much clearer, when logged into ovi maps, i select tools or the spanner icon,then select navigation, i see an option called map improvement, set to on, is this the one, also safety spot warner is set to on,
am i getting warmer,
jon
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's it.
jon_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: thanks mark Reply with quote

great help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: