Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GARMIN ZUMO 550 - Jeffs fed up (installing camera files)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GARMIN ZUMO 550 - Jeffs fed up (installing camera files)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffrs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: GARMIN ZUMO 550 - Jeffs fed up (installing camera files) Reply with quote

Sad Hi sorry to be a pain, i have just subscribed and i am lost. I have managed to down load to vista based pc. I am showing file to 7 zip, after this nothing will happen, keeps asking me to select file showing indervidual files, but nothing will work. Is there any advice step by step for a numpty to use? Thanks in hope of a happy time. Jeff
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't give any specific help I'm afraid, but the last post in the thread
Quote:
Vista issue - problem when unzipping speedcam download
suggests possible unzip problems with Vista. There may be other clues on here if you do a search (use 'all terms' with you search keywords, and list results by 'post').

Hopefully Darren et al, will be able to guide you better!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry you've not had much in the way of replies, I guess Easter means less people are on-line than usual.

However,as a total aside, I've just (finally) got a mobile broadband dongle working for the first time ever, so I came to this page as a test and you're getting this reply from a field in Kent!

So, just a couple of things to get started...
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I am showing file to 7 zip... ",

I would think you should be downloading a file called something like "pgpsw-speed-cams-xyzAB.zip"
Using Windows Explorer, find wherever your PC has saved it and right click on it. A menu should appear and one of the options should be "extract all". Follow the prompts to "unzip the folder full of camera files.

Once that is done, you should be able to follow the instructions

HERE or there is a video guide HERE.

Try one of those and if you still have problems, write back and say where (which step) it all goes wrong for you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: