Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kenwood DNX5240BT - Redlight camera alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kenwood DNX5240BT - Redlight camera alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Kenwood DNX5240BT - Redlight camera alerts Reply with quote

Hi - I have the Kenwood DNX5420BT unit and have been very pleased with it when compared to a cheap Chinese unit using IGO which I previously had. I have installed some test custom POIs for the Garmin software before I subscribe to the PGPSW database but have had some problems. Speed cameras alert both audibly and visually. However, redlight cameras do not give a visual or audible warning even though the redlight bitmap image shows on the map. I have set up proximity alerts and if I go into each custom redlight POI it shows the standard distance to alert, but does not indicate before I reach the redlight.
Does anyone have any ideas please? Thanks - Glynn
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Kenwood DNX5240BT - Redlight camera alerts Reply with quote

6053 wrote:
However, redlight cameras do not give a visual or audible warning even though the redlight bitmap image shows on the map. I have set up proximity alerts and if I go into each custom redlight POI it shows the standard distance to alert, but does not indicate before I reach the redlight.
Does anyone have any ideas please? Thanks - Glynn

2 things:

1) what is the name of the redlight camera csv?
2) have you set each poi name to have an @ speed in it?

i can confirm that our database files are set up accordingly to give an alert on garmin units.

MaFt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I have called the file "redlight.csv".

I've tried with the @ speed entries and without but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'll subscribe to your database now and see how I go on.

Many thanks

Glynn
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

odd - POILoader SHOULD automatically provide alerts for any file with 'redlight' in the name...

if you add '@0' to every poi in the list then it will definately alert you as it will detect it as being a 0mph camera and, thus, whenever you are moving you will be classed as 'over speed'

MaFt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I subscribed and downloaded the database. When I approached redlight cameras (at a slow speed due to traffic) there was no redlight alert but a speed alert at the juncttion.

I did as you suggested and edited the @ speed field to make all @0. The alert did then show in the form 'Alert: camera "number" @ "speed"' in the upper section of thye unit.

In fact the audible alert sounds several times even though the Kenwood unit is set to continuous alerts for speed cameras only. I then tried deleting the camera number and @speed field and substituted it with the text REDLIGHT CAMERA which now shows as I approach the junction.

Is the @speed entry intended to disable the warnings if you are below or above the @speed shown? And if I reinstate it will it always show in the visible warning? i.e REDLIGHT CAMERA@40. Please excuse my ignorance.

Many thanks - Glynn
markrmifsud
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have seen this before, when I was playing with different file sizes and colour depths.

If you use Ash's CM to prepare the files, then poiloader to create the poi.qpi file you will find the images are back to normal.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: