Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cursor motion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cursor motion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercurial
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Cursor motion Reply with quote

I recall finding information on here before about setting the cursor (direction indicator) so that it moved smoothly. I can't find anything about that now so I am hoping somebody out there will be able to help (and I won't get flamed for posting this!).

I've just got a new TomTom XL. However, it seems to me that the cursor moves rather jerkily. I came across the same problem with the previous device I had which was TomTom 5 on a PDA. Information posted on here enabled me to sort out the problem then so now I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done to rectify it on the new device.

Anybody able to help?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the car icon when you refer to 'cursor', it may be that you have too many poi categories showing on the map. Makes the screen refresh very slow and will cause a lag or jerkiness, as you describe.

Ususually, any more than about 4 or 5 categories is pushing the limit, in my opinion.
Mercurial
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
If you mean the car icon when you refer to 'cursor', it may be that you have too many poi categories showing on the map. Makes the screen refresh very slow and will cause a lag or jerkiness, as you describe.

Ususually, any more than about 4 or 5 categories is pushing the limit, in my opinion.

Thanks for that. Yes, it's the car icon that's jerky. I'll try reducing the number of POIs running and see if that does the trick, but I won't be able to manage with as few as 5!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still have the POI files on the device but set them so they are not visible on the map, they will still be available to search through or navigate to, also consider using the "Warn When Near POI" option where required. Its the act of setting the POI as visible on the map that slows the map refresh rate down not having the POI files on the device.

Note the application rather stupidly IMHO sets custom POI files as visible when they are added, you need to go in to Change Preferences and turn the option off per POI category installed - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: