Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera icons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera icons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supr3meuk1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: speed camera icons Reply with quote

i have downloaded icons for speed cameras, red lights warnings etc. but how do i put them into my satnav i make them usable
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome...

I'm afraid the icons won't be enough, you also need the actual camera datafiles which you also have to download.

To get them you have to subscribe to this website if you haven't already - see the "subscribe" link in the line of text at the top of the page for prices.

Once you've done that, you can access the datafiles and follow the instructions for your particular sat-nav make and model all of which can be found on THIS PAGE

If you have any more questions or need any help, just post here again, using the "post reply" button at the bottom of this screen, but it will help if you can mention which sat-nav model you have.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably need to let us know details of your satnav for a detailed answer, especially if you get problems.

But for starters (probably Confused ):

- apart from the file type (the bit after the "." in the file name) the rest of the file name, before the "." must match EXACTLY (and I mean EXACTLY Cool ) the name of the camera file for them to be recognised. The same goes for any voice files if you are using them for warnings);

- the different sets of files (data, icons, ...) should probably be stored in the same file folder;

- you MAY have to set alarm options on your satnav to display the icons.

You can see more detailed instructions for icons (and voices) in "Free POIs & More"/"Customise Your Satnav" in the drop-down menu list under the PGPSW logo.

Hope that gets you started, anyway. Good luck.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: