Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 940 HDTraffic, reboots, camera warnings and Home 2.7.1.1812
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

940 HDTraffic, reboots, camera warnings and Home 2.7.1.1812

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: 940 HDTraffic, reboots, camera warnings and Home 2.7.1.1812 Reply with quote

I have just been to France and installed the new map just before I left and I seem to be having problems which I have not seen mentioned yet.

I am running App 8.370 with map 835.2419 and home 2.7.1.182.

Apart from needing a new mapsettings.cfg file to be created the map update otherwise went OK.

On driving in the UK, I had the occaisional issue where the screen stopped updating but a new HD Traffic issue occurred when using the "read aloud traffic info feature". Kate would start reading out the traffic info then give a direction, start at the beginning of the traffic info again, then another direction and eventually seemed to end up trying to speak over the top of herself which led to a black screen for around a minute then a reboot. This happened several times.

The next issue was that when she announced a faster route was available and would I like to take it, the two buttons appeared on the screen and before I had the chance (less than a second) to select either or speak the command, she had decided that I was staying on the old route saying "faster route not selected" or something very similar.

I am also now experiencing odd spoken (PGSP) camera warnings such as "xxx camera 10 yards" which is stated after I have passed the camera. The settings I use for the warnings is 100 yards for every 10mph of the speed camera, e.g. 700 yards for a 70mph camera"

I was offered an upgrade to Home 2.7.1.1812 this morning and there is still no "Operate my Go" functionality for my app version and if I try to use it, Home completely locks up after the compatibility warning screen and I need to disconnect and reconnect the Go.

In France my Go940 picked up the French GPRS networks but would not connect to them which is as expected. On the main screens it just said network coverage not available. The RDS-TMC would not work in the car but it worked perfectly in the living room pcking up a signal in less than a minute, so the issue here is my car and not the device. I assume the heated screen is the issue.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see any File Access Error or similar messages at any point?

Follow my advice just posted in the 14 page long map thread about manually reinstalling your map - might cure it.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were file errors caused by the reboot loop and these files were truncated and deleted. On investigating the file errors these were three files that are re-created internally on every boot, so were now present (and correct) on the device. The file allocation tables were corrected and the fragments of these three files were deleted.

I also created a new mapsettings.cfg file and re-entered all my settings and POI warnings. I also did a binary file comparison check of files on the device vs the previous backup and against the manually extracted latest map files and found no differences (apart from files that get updated regularly.)

I think but have no way of proving, that there were either corruptions in the downloaded traffic data or there was too much data to handle as both reboots occurred when there were far more than usual traffic incidents and I was negotiating several turns in short succession and asking the device to read aloud the traffic on route. It may just be coincidence but at both times the device was reading traffic information about serious delays on the M25 between J26 and the QE2 bridge which is a nightmare at the moment. Both reboots happened within 2 minutes of starting driving and did not occur again on the route.

The "10 yard" camera warnings that come after you have passed the cameras, occured at many places including the variable cameras on the M20 at Maidstone and the M25 Specs between J28 & J26. It also did on the previous map and does it in Route Demo (here is does give the genuine advance alerts as well) at Truvelo 39541@40 or Truvelo 5428@40 on Horsebridge Hill at N 50.71705 W 1.30430. My settings are brief spoken warning at 400 yards for 40mph speed cameras.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
The "10 yard" camera warnings that come after you have passed the cameras, occured at many places including the variable cameras on the M20 at Maidstone and the M25 Specs between J28 & J26. It also did on the previous map and does it in Route Demo (here is does give the genuine advance alerts as well) at Truvelo 39541@40 or Truvelo 5428@40 on Horsebridge Hill at N 50.71705 W 1.30430. My settings are brief spoken warning at 400 yards for 40mph speed cameras.

Is it possible that these warnings are for cameras on the opposite side of the motorway, immediately after you have passed a camera on your side?
They often position cameras on both sides of the road on the same overhead gantry, so your initial, correct, warning for the camera on your side of the road is active until you pass the camera, when it is immediately replaced by a warning for the one on the other side, which is now only a few yards away.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more to me like it is a buffering of the audio issue - my 920 suffered really badly from this when using Bluetooth A2DP - if you had mp3, tts and camera warnings being read out it used to get really confused and truncate words, stutter, repeat words, etc.

You are probably correct, it just could not handle all the requests for audio and queue them properly.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: