Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT's own Camera price down
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT's own Camera price down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: TT's own Camera price down Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been reported before.

Have just used HOME to update my TT and was offered 1 year sub to their cameras for £15.95

They must be felling the pinch Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just the pinch. I think they're beginning to realise that their speed cam database isn't very good as are more and more customers.

That and the fact that their database subscription is for a single device. Even if they gave it away it wouldn't make up for the fact that it's rubbish.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine are still £34 & £29 what have I done then
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Not just the pinch. I think they're beginning to realise that their speed cam database isn't very good as are more and more customers.

That and the fact that their database subscription is for a single device. Even if they gave it away it wouldn't make up for the fact that it's rubbish.

MMmmmm.

As you well know the Live TT Speed Camera database is based on RoadAngel database - to say that is 'rubbish' is simply not true.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcwarre wrote:
MMmmmm.

As you well know the Live TT Speed Camera database is based on RoadAngel database - to say that is 'rubbish' is simply not true.

Firstly we aren't discussing the LIVE offering which is different, and secondly RA's TT offering isn't that great!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcwarre wrote:

As you well know the Live TT Speed Camera database is based on RoadAngel database

The operative words here are "based on".
People who have run a RoadAngel unit and a TT with LIVE services side by side have confirmed they are NOT the same.

Only yesterday on a short run I ran a TT unit with the premium "roadangel" TT database and another with the PGPSW on side by side and the TT database missed one camera on the M4 and mis-reported several empty gantries on the M25.
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
mcwarre wrote:

As you well know the Live TT Speed Camera database is based on RoadAngel database

The operative words here are "based on".
People who have run a RoadAngel unit and a TT with LIVE services side by side have confirmed they are NOT the same.

Only yesterday on a short run I ran a TT unit with the premium "roadangel" TT database and another with the PGPSW on side by side and the TT database missed one camera on the M4 and mis-reported several empty gantries on the M25.

That's strange. Where on the M4? I run TT Live and RA and apart from they have just got rid of a specs 50 zone after completion of roadworks (near Swindon iirc) I didn't notice (Slough to Bristol). Maybe it's my old age catching up? An objective assessment rather than 'rubbish' may be more beneficial / believable.....
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory, the one the TT missed was the fairly recent Gatso which is at the top of the upwards ramp at junction 2 eastbound (it IS now on their data). As for the mis-reported gantries, I don't have a record, but I can certainly say I've noticed a few other missed cameras in the last few weeks.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcwarre wrote:
An objective assessment rather than 'rubbish' may be more beneficial / believable.....

You continue to misquote me! My comments were in regard to TomTom's database offering as I explained. Wholly different, although I agree with AndyP that TomTom's LIVE offering of RA's data is questionable too.

Then again, you are free to extol the virtues of RA's data here, something you couldn't do in reverse on their site could you? Do they even have a forum?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all but impossible to objectively compare as TomTom choose to hide their data, one can only guess as to why? Anti-piracy perhaps or because they know could be easily compared!
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren,

Probably anti-piracy - I know that you have had to take significant steps on this due to warez sites (especially for PPC). Dunno if you know but there has been some postings on a certain ppc warez site recently with PGPSW camera database I hope that you can get them removed. PM me if you want the address (although I am sure that you know)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, we caught them quickly and a life member has been banned as a result. We have pulled a number of links but it's not worth the effort now. the release data is already a fortnight old.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: