Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with Voice Commands on TTN2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Voice Commands on TTN2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost Cause
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Problem with Voice Commands on TTN2 Reply with quote

After twelve months relatively fush-free use, a problem has developed with the voice commands on my TTN2.24

I suspect I just need to do a re-install, but before I do, does anyone have an alternative solution to this problem ? Idea

The gear: TTN2.24, GPS2.09, iPAQ 2210, Fortuna Clip-On

The problem: the other day I started TT and the voice commands were all distorted and breaking up. My initial thought was that the iPAQ speaker had blown - but no, the speaker works perfectly on all other apps (such as some music in Mediaplayer).

Then maybe I thought it was a volume issue - but it wasn't that either. Loud or quiet, I had the same problem.

Then I thought the voice files themselves i.e '300 yards', and 'turn right' had corrupted, but no - they play perfectly (and undistorted) when opened in Media player also.

So, I've ruled out a speaker problem, corruption of the soundfiles themselves (as independent items) and the volume issue.

But I'm still getting heavy distortion for the voice prompts in TTN2 and dropouts. So much so, that it's now only 'speaking' about one word in four.

Sounds like I need a re-install maybe, but like I say, does anyone have any bright ideas first ?

Thanks Thumbs Up

Jules
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you've tried a soft reset. If not, try one.

If a soft reset doesn't solve things, I'm a little bemused - this is not a problem I've heard reported before. It is as if something is bogging down your processor.

Are your voice files in main memory (as is recommended) or a storage card? Are you running any add-ons (like CheckPOInt or GPSAssist) - if so, do things work properly without them?

David
Lost Cause
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Yes, I've done multiple soft resets but all to no avail.

The voice files are in main memory and I've got about 20Mb of free Ram. The application is working perfectly apart from the voice thing. I always run CheckPOInt 2.02 in parallel to TTN2.24.

I suspect that as the sound files themselves seem OK, that the little application presumably integrated into TT to play the sound files has corrupted. If you catch my drift. As Isay, absolutely everything else on TT and on the PDA is working fine.

The situation has now deteriorated and it's only squarking about one word in ten now. Very strange.

cheers

Jules

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: