Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - WinCE / I-Go 2006 Sat Nav from eBay doesn't work....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

WinCE / I-Go 2006 Sat Nav from eBay doesn't work....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piecacake
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: WinCE / I-Go 2006 Sat Nav from eBay doesn't work.... Reply with quote

Hi there, I need help as I cant get my sat nav to work.

I stupidly bought this sat nav on ebay, it came from honk kong and has never worked since i got it. It had the maps etc on it to begin with but would not navigate to anywhere, it kept saying not found or does not exist.

it has no brand name and has a sd card that slots into it.

i can post a pic of it if that is possible here.

its got:

Microsoft windowsCE on the back and on the front it only says:
GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM
The hand book which is useless has got what I presume to be a product number: V35E02

When I search for this on google i get a lot of links to belgium sites.

It has I-GO 2006 software on the 1GB sd card which I tried to update thro the navngo website. But it told me it was a demo version. So I couldnt update it.

I have since trawled thro the internet to try n find solutions.
I bought a new 2GB sd card and tried the I-GO 08 software.

I put the card in and nothing happens.

It has a menu which you can see when it turns on saying:
photos, music, system etc, but the link button on the screen to "navigation" does nothing at all.

I dont know what to do?
I feel like driving over it, as Ive tried everything with "my" power to fix it.

It almost seems like the machine may need reformatting, or a bit of software that can talk to it from my computer to fix it? How do you install the software on it, as Ive been dragging and dropping onto the SD card, as thats where the software is kept????

The ebay guy in honk kong wouldnt help, it also took him a week to reply to any of my emails, so i gave up on him and a refund, as the return policy was only 7 dyas, it also took 6 weeks to arrive. So I was a bit silly. I couldve just gone to halfords.

But Im determined not to drive over my sat nav, as Im sure someone can help? Smile

Can anyone help, or know where I might be able to take it to someone in London to get the software sorted?

The machine is new and works fine, just the software that Im stuck with.

Any advice at all would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much for reading,
Lisa.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only open a dispute with Ebay / PayPal and claim your money back. Those units are using pirated software. You need to tell Ebay that via their dispute facility.

Quote:
iGO My way software was the subject of action by German authorities at CeBIT last week. Anti-counterfeiting Agents obtained orders against three exhibitors at the Hannover Trade Show who were found to be using unlicensed software belonging to the Hungarian company. One Chinese company was operating a few metres away from NavNGo's stand and was even using the brand name iGO My Way.

Sorry to sound so neg, but those are the facts.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A difficult lesson to learn, but when you are purchasing low cost GPS based navigation units from E-Bay there is a high probability they will contain illegal software.

As Pocketgps has mentioned try taking this through the EBay channels to claim your money back, please point out the seller is using the E-Bay site to sell illegal software.

I would recommend you purchase a device from a well known brand from a UK based store, this way you will get support and have a warranty that can be used if it goes wrong - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: