Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - App 8.320 - Should I change?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

App 8.320 - Should I change?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkilham
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: App 8.320 - Should I change? Reply with quote

Following the excellent advice on these forums I changed my 720 to App 8.320 to cure the problems I had. Is it now safe to go back to the standard application so that I can get the updates for it or should I leave well alone. I backed up using windows explorer before changing, can I just delete everything on the 720 and then copy the back up to it?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been running with the 8,302 software release since it was made available and have had no real issues with it, the new application is considerably better than the previous two releases.
If you want to get Home support back on the device then I guess putting the 8,302 release on your device will be fine - Mike
bkilham
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike.
So if I use windows explorer to delete every file on 720 then copy and paste my last backup, I can then download 8.302?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple the unit to the PC and look at the contents of the TomTom via Windows Explorer, delete all the files in the root of the drive, DO NOT touch any of the folders or files within folders, just the loose files in the root.
Now start Home and it will connect to the device, download the 8,302 update and install it.

Or

Just click Here then install the update in the same way you put the 8,320 on last time - Mike
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issues we seem to have found is that (certainly on the 720s) if you run on battery and use TTS computer voices the voices can cough then dissapear when your battery drops to around 50%.

Otherwise on power cable, all seems to be OK. Still room for improvement on a few of the features but nothng you didn't have in 8.320.
Holux GPSslim
bkilham
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Mike.

I used the second method you suggested and downloaded 8.302 direct and installed with WinRAR.

I have not used it on the road yet but can now operate it via HOME.

Only thing I have found so far is that when I click on "Show Contents" it says that I have got 8.301 not 8.302. (It also said 8.301 when I had 8.320)

Brian.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you click "Show contents" is that using Home that is reporting the wrong version? - if so simply ignore it as it is wrong.

To establish the true version the device is using start the TomTom with no PC connection and tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box, the resultant screen will show you the details of the Navcore version (software) and your currently active map as well as other details - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: