Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - download regions - where has it gone?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

download regions - where has it gone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmarks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: download regions - where has it gone? Reply with quote

I hope you can help.

I remember seeing on the TomTom site a way to download individual regions for tomtom2, if I remember rightly, you paid about £20 online for a region and then downloaded it.

I didn't need any then, but now I do!

I can't find them on the site anymore, could anyone enlighten me?

Many thanks,

Mike Marks
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were of popular holiday destinations and available at http://www.tomtom.com/products/products.php?ID=215&Language=1

You can't choose a complete region of a country, TomTom only give you specific towns to download.

e.g.
French Riviera
Brittany
Paris
South West Coast of France
Spanish Riviera
South West Coast of Iberia
Rome
Tuscany
London
Berlin
Bavaria (Munich, Innsbruck, Nurnberg)
Vienna/Kinz
Scotland
Copenhagen
Stockholm
Dutch Coast

All of which are $19.99 available at http://www.tomtom.com/products/products.php?ID=215&Language=1
Vorix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just ordered my TTN3 upgrade but was hoping that they would have resurrected the ability to download just certain regions.
I'm off to France in July and only wanted the Vendee region to find where we're staying and then pootle around a bit without getting completely lost.
I was happy to pay about £20 for just this but probably won't bother at all now since I really don't need to whole of Europe.
markd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

That link now says "This Product does not Exist"

Mark
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment the European maps product for Navigator 3 isn't available either - though the signs are that this will be re-released.

I think it's a case of giving it time. Unless I'm mistaken, these individual add-on maps were sold through Handango - and there's no sign of them on Handango at the moment for either Navigator 2 or Navigator 3.

Meanwhile, there's a thread somewhere about someone who had received an upgrade to one of these maps and couldn't activate it - so I suspect that these maps will be upgraded to Navigator 3 format and released again shortly.

David
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct David, The thread for the activation problem is http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7334&sid=7218d2d8b415908317ade667002bf86d (sorry, I don't know how to shorten this, if someone could tell me I'd appreciate it). However, I still have problems with the activation, and are awaiting TT support for an answer. It seems no coincidence that they have taken the maps off, and I cannot upgrade. Has anyone else received notice like me, and not been able to upgrade I wonder.

Alan
timtim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been to Portugal and wanted maps, but had the same problem. I asked tom tom, who said that because they were launching TT3, all TT2 products were taken off the web site.

I've not tried them yet but there are some regional maps (of America for example) on Handango at:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformSoftwareSection.jsp?jid=115B6E6F712X8A2D2FX1CDAD354ACD7C&platformId=2&special=&siteId=1&bySection=1&topSectionId=1423§ionId=1463&catalog=30&title=Maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: