Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem subscriping to Live Services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem subscriping to Live Services

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paddyator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Problem subscriping to Live Services Reply with quote

Guys,

I recently bought a 540. All was fine until I connected it to my TT Home and logged into my account. When I ran the updates, it stopped my free TT Live services trial. I thought this was probably because of my TT One that was on my account.

As I was impressed with Live I thought I would take the hit and just register and pay for live services now. I did this last night and have received emails from tt acknowledging my payment and sending my a receipt.

When I go into Traffic on the device it just give me a message saying I need to connect to Home to get it to work. I have done this but cannot get my live services traffic to work.

Im at my wits end as it is so useful as I drive alot for work.

Can anyone help please????

cheers

Darryl
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start the device and go to TomTom Services at the lower left corner is "Username" this should say "Anonymous" if your e-mail is entered here you will have to do the following to get rid of it.

Go to Change Preferences/ Restore factory defaults and reset the device, you will lose certain settings such as POI Warnings and your Home location - these will have to be added again. But your username should now be "Anonymous" try the Live services and they should now work.

I would give TT CS a ring in the morning to discuss this issue though as you have paid for further subscriptions, the number is 0845 161 0009 - Mike
Fozzee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Start the device and go to TomTom Services at the lower left corner is "Username" this should say "Anonymous" if your e-mail is entered here you will have to do the following to get rid of it.

Go to Change Preferences/ Restore factory defaults and reset the device, you will lose certain settings such as POI Warnings and your Home location - these will have to be added again. But your username should now be "Anonymous" try the Live services and they should now work.

I would give TT CS a ring in the morning to discuss this issue though as you have paid for further subscriptions, the number is 0845 161 0009 - Mike

Mine works fine with username and password entered on the tomtom.
IWhen I switchedx on my tomtom540 for the first time it connected with no problem to live services. Then after doing all the updates in tthome i entered the username and password. It's worked fine all along...
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the way to do it is

- Get a gps lock and live connection working on device as anonymous
- Switch accounts on tomtom home, registering the device. May need to phone tomtom first if you had previous subscriptions activated
- Enter email address in the device and connect to the services. Free and paid time are added together

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: