Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - pois on tomtom 920t
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

pois on tomtom 920t

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raptornexuss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: pois on tomtom 920t Reply with quote

Hi my tomtom 920t came with some pois already on such as,petrol staions,food outlets etc,now how do i put them as they should be like bp petrol ones for bp and esso for esso as they all used to have just a fuel sign before,and i want to put them with their proper icons? do i erase them then reload new ones? where do i load them to and what folder etc ,any thanks in advance.
TheOldPloughman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I don't have a TomTom (Garmin, me) but I assume that GPSrs will have certain similar features, so...

My GPSr came with an inbuilt library of POIs that cannot be manipulated and I suspect yours does too.

It isn't possible to remove the POIs on my machine but they do not affect the machines capability to hold POIs that I've chosen to add. Hopefully your's will be te same.

It is annoying to have two POIs representing the same feature. YOu have to learn to live with it :(

I believe that some machines allow you to delete the factory supplied POI file but if yours turns out to be one, I'd make sure you know how to restore them later!

Hope this helps a bit

chris :-)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can remove the built in POI files if you really want to but there isn't much point. To do this use Windows Explorer to look at the files and folders on the device, locate the "Western And Central Europe" map folder and open it, one of the files is named "POI.dat" simply remove/ delete this file - AFTER you have a backup of it!

For better POI files split down by fuel provider and associated icons please have a look at the POI Downloads page which can be found by clicking Here - Mike
raptornexuss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i just add new ones? will they overlay the old ones? cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can add the PGPSW POI files to the map folder on the device and they will show up in far more places than the built in POI files because they are so much more accurate, where both file sets contain the same location the two icons might overlap, but thats not something you will encounter too often - Mike
raptornexuss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: