Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New TT530 T and NT headset problem - help please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New TT530 T and NT headset problem - help please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotund
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: New TT530 T and NT headset problem - help please! Reply with quote

Morning guys! I hope you can help me as this has been driving me mad!

Got a new TT530 Traffic on Saturday, and it works great...mostly. To get the IQ routes working it needs a data connection with my phone. I set that, after a load of frustration (Sony Ericson W910i) and that is great.

However, TT also wants to be the handsfree phone kit too, but I use a truly brilliant Aliph Jawbone headset for voice, and I cannot seem to get data and voice running with all three items at the same time. The TT handsfree capability is miles away from the Aliph.

Phone is set to allow more than one BT device to connect at a time, but when I tap the button to disallow handsfree calls on the TT, it loses all connection with the phone.

Any ideas, or suggested places to look?

Thanks very much in adavance.

Also, TT seems to take ages to allow me to manually connect the phone to the TT(sony W910i is not listed on TT, but is at the TT compatability section of their site), is there a way of accessing the DNS/IP/username/password?dial number menu?

Best wishes

Chris
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need a data connection for IQ routes, and as you have the Traffic version you don't need data for the Traffic information so I fail to see why you need the phone connected to the TomTom at all - Mike
rotund
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Thanks very much for the answer and speed of reply.

OK, I am now hugely confused, and pleased to boot.

So, TT TRaffic data is receved via either a phone (BT) or RDS receiver, which I got with my TT, therefore no need to connect the phone.

How does the data for IQ routes get to TT, and does that act "Live" like traffic? Or is it not updated as such and it's built in anyway?

Cheers again

Chris
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IQ routing is in the Map data and is not updated 'on the fly'.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rotund wrote:
Really? Thanks very much for the answer and speed of reply.

OK, I am now hugely confused, and pleased to boot.

So, TT TRaffic data is receved via either a phone (BT) or RDS receiver, which I got with my TT, therefore no need to connect the phone.

How does the data for IQ routes get to TT, and does that act "Live" like traffic? Or is it not updated as such and it's built in anyway?

Cheers again
Chris

OK:

1) IQ Routes is data embedded into the actual v8.xxx Maps that we have, for historic info on road travel times. So no connection of ANY sort is needed for this feature - that's why you actually BUY a x30 device instead of the older x20 ones - it's IN the Map itself!

2) TRAFFIC data, for jams etc, DOES require a means to get the info to your device, and you CAN use a phone, like I do, and a Plus Subscription from TomTom, to provide this. BUT... You can also use the aerial cable thing that comes with a Traffic version of the device, like yours is, and this provides Traffic info when that aerial is plugged in and set up properly FOR FREE, so again no phone needed (as I say, if you did go the phone route, as I do, you'd need to pay for a yearly subscription to Traffic too that way).

3) Your phone CAN use the TT as a Handsfree Telephone kit, BUT, you already have a better one, and trying to connect to both, will screw everything up. SO... for you, you are best off going into the menu on the TomTom, and DISABLING Bluetooth connections entirely on the TomTom.

This way, you get IQ Routing built in, you get Traffic via the aerial lead thing, and you use your existing car kit as your handsfree.

Trust that helps explain a bit better mate.
rotund
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. It's all crystal clear now.

Thanks for all of the guidance. Seems like I was trying to make it more complicated than it really was.

Best wishes

Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: