Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 720 - Handsfree calls problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 720 - Handsfree calls problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulD76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: TT 720 - Handsfree calls problems Reply with quote

Hello

When I try and use the bluetooth handsfree calling on my TT720 (with a nokia N73 which is listed as compatible) the quality is pretty awful. Everyone that I call says they are barely able to understand me and I cannot make out their voice that well.. It seems the internal speaker is insufficient.

I am aware some people have had vibration problems but not heard to many problems like this.

I used to have a Garmin 310 which had very clear handsfree calling.

Any suggestions?
Brickie64
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
I've been quite happy with the call quality on my GO720. Have you checked that the volume is turned right up ? You can set the call volume whilst in a call separate from the navigation voice volume (pretty sure if i recall correctly).

Quite a few people who post here have had variable responses to Bluetooth call quality with the GO devices, so I'm not suprised to see you've been having issues.

Not sure if you can use a separate microphone with the GO 720 device, but worth checking it out. No doubt someone else will be able to confirm.

Gav

Garmin Nuvi 3598 + GO 720 (+USA Map Card) + NavFree for iPhone in case all else fails ;-)
PaulD76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gav

I have the TT volume up to full, and i cannot see where there is an option to increase the volume of the handsfree call (even when on a call) so perhaps I am missing something.

It seems more to do with the quality than the volume tho. Its incredibly hard to understand what people are saying and it seems to pic up a load of background noise (I did try in my house to remove all noise).. The MIC is an idea but its not really ideal.

I do wonder if its my mobile phone not being particuarly well suited. Its a nokia N73. Maybe i will see if i can test it with another mobile.

Cheers
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few pointers, but not my speciality...
You cannot use a separate mic on the x20 models.

The volume for INCOMING hands free calls is a secret volume slider. It is accessed in the same way as the normal volume control, but if you go to it DURING a call, it is actually a different control.

OUTGOING call volume may be alterable in the phone itself. Try a search for previous topics about this. There are some from the last month or so by "shadameir" which may help.

There is a common hardware fault on the x20 range, which causes BUZZING on the hands-free calls. If your symptoms could be described as that, send it back for a replacement. "DennisN" is the expert on this.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulD76 wrote:
Hi Gav

I have the TT volume up to full, and i cannot see where there is an option to increase the volume of the handsfree call (even when on a call) so perhaps I am missing something.

Are you by any chance using it on battery power - it's no good on battery alone.

To change volume, whilst in a call, you tap the screen and select Change Preferences DURING the call, and slide the control. To do mine, I ring my own home landline, (but don't answer it cos' I'm a cheapskate) and do the volume then.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While making a call via the TomTom tap the lower left corner of the screen, this will pop up the volume slider without needing any other selections, make the adjustment and the device will use the new volume setting when you make a call - Mike
PaulD76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys

Ive increased the volume now (why did they not make it clearer?) and did a test and it seemed ok in a quiet conditions. There was some background noise but it was usable. I will test it over the next couple of days and fingers crossed its ok now!

Apart from this, its an excellent device and i strongly recommend it for the price. A great unit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: