Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 3 with Ipaq 3630
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 3 with Ipaq 3630

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raboyme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: TomTom 3 with Ipaq 3630 Reply with quote

Hello!

I had a possibility to buy a Ipaq 3630 for a good price for me, and now I'm going to buy the TomTom 3 navigator software. All you people that are running Tom Tom on Ipaq 3630, does it run good. I mean, is the Ipaq 3630 enough for a "normal" car use , or should I have a better PDA?
I'm going to use a CF jacket woith the Ipaq 3630 and a wired GPS (TomTom).

Also I would like to know, how big can the CF memory card be to use with the Ipaq 3630 (256mb 512mb or even bigger)?

And then about the car holder. Should I take the one TomTom sells, or is Seidio G2500 a good alteranative to buy?
(I've asked this in other threads, but still got no replys, so I ask it here also) Does Ipaq 3630 with a CF jacket fit into the Seidio G2500 holder?

Any comments about Ipaq 3630 used with TomTom are welcome.

R.A.
Finland
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to run TTN2 on a 3630 and it ran better on the 3630 than it does on my new 2210. I think this is down to the memory though - SD is a bit tempramental but Compact Flash is very stable and very fast. I used a 256MB compact flash in a jacket on the 3630 and it all worked very well. The only problem that I had was when the Ipaq was first inserted into the jacket, I had problems with the Ipaq running really slowly for about 30 minutes until it had "settled down"?? after that it ran perfectly.

I would expect TTN3 to run without any problems on the 3630.
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an Ipaq 3660 with TTN2, which is the 64Mb version of the 3630.

I have the CF jacket and 128Mb CF card, and it holds all the TTN2 maps for the UK, and the new postcodes database.

I will be selling this now, as I have just ordered a new Ipaq 2210.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: