Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ive downloaded the doctors dentist etc but its no show menu
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ive downloaded the doctors dentist etc but its no show menu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wigfield
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Ive downloaded the doctors dentist etc but its no show menu Reply with quote

I updated the firmware on my go300 and i saw that some of the Help Me destinations were not there like the doctors dentist etc... so i followed the instructions on tomtom website http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=7892&Lid=1

It download onto my go300 but its not showing up in the Help Me those boxes are still greyed out

But if i connect to my computer it shows it in the root,also it shows it in Home aswell

So why is it in the right places but doesn't come up in the menus?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions at the link you quoted above say
Quote:
Click on the Download button below and save the helpme.zip (2.29 MB) file to the desktop of your computer.

Connect your TomTom device to your computer.

Extract the contents of the downloaded file to the desktop of your computer. You will now have a folder named ‘helpme’ on your desktop.

Copy this ‘helpme’ folder to the root directory of your TomTom device (do not copy it into an existing folder).

So where is your HelpMe folder?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You keep posting the same questions in two forums, and I'm afraid I keep answering them twice....
But here it is again:

Are you sure they aren't installed?
You seem to be missing (or you haven't mentioned) the gbr_doctors.ov2 AND the gbr_doctors.inf files (and similar for the other categories). These files should end up in your MAP folder. These .tlv files seem to appear when you add POIs via Home, but I don't have any for THESE add-on POIs in my poi folder (in fact, it's empty as I haven't added any via Home).

Are you following the instructions HERE to the letter?

Once you have THESE TWO files installed for each add-on category, then if you browse map and "find" a doctor, the nearest one should now be in the UK.

The whole point of them is they add to the existing "Doctors", "Dentists" etc. categories, (that's what the .inf file does), they don't appear as separate categories.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: