Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera submission system doesn't seem to want to work?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera submission system doesn't seem to want to work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Camera submission system doesn't seem to want to work? Reply with quote

Using: Firefox 2.0.0.14 with NoScript 1.6; and before you ask I have got scripts enabled. The system will not allow me to use the map to add coordinates to amend a camera. Tried three times, no joy.

So, in case you can do it from there, the previous submission I made on Kentish Way, centre island, forget. It's already on the database, dammit.

You have, however, got them the wrong way around Very Happy

In addition, there's a sting in the tale on these two cameras... read on... Twisted Evil

As you can see, this is the southbound view. Note the northernmost camera housing is in the central reservation, not the other way around as the map shows Wink Also note the lack of road markings... (first dead give away)

Northern view from the southernmost camera housing. Again, no road markings. Give away number two Wink

Northernmost camera housing. A bog-standard Monitron, you might think...?

WOT?! It's EMPTY! Shocked

And here's the confirming view, clearly showing the rear of the camera housing and the locking plate!

In other words:

These cameras are DUDS! Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming they may actually get "innards" soon, am I right in thinking this is what you want to do?

If so, I'll submit the change for you if you would like me to.
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy -

Yes.

Move Monitron:51560@30 from west side of road to the central reservation, and rotate to approx 160-165 degrees to a roughly southern facing. Box is confirmed as completely devoid of any camera unit.

Move Monitron:51559@30 from the eastern side of the road to the other (western) side of the road, and rotate to approx 005 degrees to a roughly northern facing. Box is confirmed as completely devoid of any camera unit.

NOTE AGAIN: nether carriageway has any speed camera road markings, there are no speed camera signs posted, and BOTH boxes are missing any form of camera installation - as evidenced by the photos Very Happy

Thanks Very Happy

While you're in the database, have a look at the submissions stack, and remove and delete a rather inaccurate submission of mine, dated 19/04/2008 22:46 hrs, as follows:

Erroneous submission wrote:
Addition of: Reversible Monitron (ID#0), Heading: 0, Lat:51.4026326, Lon:0.01786351 (United Kingdom), Speed:30, new-type digital gatso, Kentish Way, Bromley, central reservation about 30 or so yards south of the walking bridge (about half-way between the junctions of Stockwell Close and Elmfield Road), currently facing south (reversible). I\'ve not seen any warning signs at present, so this should be a new one, despite the two near-side camera notes on the database - there weren\'t any nearside cameras that I could see (about 10:30pm on Saturday 19th April 2008).

I got the submission wrong, darn it Sad damn things were already there!
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G1LIW wrote:
NOTE AGAIN: nether carriageway has any speed camera road markings, there are no speed camera signs posted

There's a speed camera that I pass regularly, which has matrix signs a good hundred yards or so before it. If you're travelling at just above the speed limit, the matrix sign lights up with a 30 speed limit sign and if you're travelling slightly faster than that, the matrix sign adds an image of a speed camera (note, I've never triggered the matrix sign myself, but I've seen it triggered by others).

As a precaution, there are also the usual speed camera signs.

Thus, if you're speeding and you're too dumb to take action when the matrix signs lights up for you, then you deserve to get your photo taken by this camera.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G1LIW wrote:
Andy -

Yes.
Thanks Very Happy

OK, will do.
I'll stick with my heading figures if that's OK.
Just for info, the present guidance is to locate the camera position in the middle of the carriageway ir is working on, rather than trying to accurately place it on the central reservation or verge. This is to assist slight discrepancies between the positional accuracy on all the various systems.
Similarly, if a camera on a central reservation is reversible, on the TomTom version of the database at least, it is marked as TWO camera positions, one on each carriageway.

Quote:
While you're in the database, have a look at the submissions stack, and remove and delete a rather inaccurate submission of mine, dated 19/04/2008 22:46 hrs, as follows:

[quote="Erroneous submission"]Addition of: Reversible Monitron (ID#0), Heading: 0, Lat:51.4026326, Lon:0.01786351 (United Kingdom),

I'll do that too.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monitrons 51559 and 51560 now changed on submissions map.

I looked at your submission for Lat:51.4026326, Lon:0.01786351 that you wanted removed and although the precise point seems a little "off" from your description (see the crosshairs in the picture below), it seems to have either rejected/ignored already or not put on the system yet.
I have no way to access the whole database (only the team can do that), but if it has been added to the master list, I should be able to see your submission on my version of the map, and its not there. I'll send a note to MaFt, the database supremo, just to confirm he should ignore it.

G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks on all of that Smile

Just to make sure, you have the one at the bottom of that map looking north, and the one to the top of the map looking south, correct?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Smile

As per the labels:
#51559 at the bottom catches cars going north on a heading of ~350 and
#51560 at the top catches cars going south on a heading of ~170
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy -

Cool - mucho thanks (Even if the boxes ARE empty, Laughing Out Loud) Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: