Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 660FM - Speed Camera Database Removal?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 660FM - Speed Camera Database Removal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLucketts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 660FM - Speed Camera Database Removal? Reply with quote

Hi, I recently got a Nuvi 660 and have sucessfully downloaded and installed the Pocket GPS camera database (along with ASH10's camera utility and voice prompts which are both pretty cool pieces of software and highly recommended if you haven't tried them yet!).

All is working fine apart from the fact that I still have old cameras (that dissapeared 6+ months ago!) showing up. I've run the Gramin POI loader and removed all custom POI's first and was wondering whether these old files might be part of the original Garmin database that came pre-installed when I bought it - if so does anyone know how I can remove them?

I suspect this has been covered already, but have spent the last couple of evenings searching without success Embarassed ...

Thanks in anticipation,
Andy
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The almost certainly are. However you can't remove them but you can disable them.

Settings, Proximity Points, Alerts, Disable Garmin Safety Cameras

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheLucketts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - I dissabled the garmin cameras and tried it on the way home this evening and it's solved the problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: