Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI has disappeared after editing!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI has disappeared after editing!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nigel42
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: POI has disappeared after editing!!!!! Reply with quote

Today I went to london Heathrow airport TERMINAL 4. Both the TT and pocket gps world poi shows the terminal in the WRONG place. ( term 4 is not in the same place as terms 1, 2, 3!)
So I went to map corrections/edit poi. I put the term in the right place ( ie stafford road) and now when I go to the category its no longer shown!!!

Any ideas of a) how to get it back and b) what I need to do for future refence!

Thanks

PS. Also is there anyway of chosing which POIs can be listed from the limited ones allowed by TT?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correcting POIs can now get a little confusing because, since Mapshare, you can edit the built-in ones as well as the user POIs.
But they are edited in totally different ways...

To edit the built in ones, as you say, it is Main Menu p2 / Map Corrections / Correct a map error / Edit POI / choose "near you" or whatever / pick a category - (confusingly, it also lists the third-party ones on the selection page, which you can't edit this way!) / tick "Move the POI on the map" and tap "done" / then select the new position on the map display.

To move a third-party one, unfortunately you cannot simply edit the position. You have to delete the original, and add it again in the new position.
This means, to add the new one:
Change Preferences/ Manage POIs / Add POI / Choose a category / forward arrow to select "point on map" / then select the new position on the map display.

And to delete the old one:
Change Preferences/ Manage POIs / Delete POI / Choose "POI near you" or whatever / Choose a category / select the one to delete.

Now.... to your problem...

On my Go720 the built in POIs show Terminal 1 at the NE corner on Croydon Road, Terminal 2 in the SE corner between Inner Ring Road East and Clifton Road, and Terminals 3 and 4 both in the SW corner on Canberra Road.

Obviously T4 is wrong.
Difficult to find an actual map on the Heathrow website, but the T4 Railway station on the TomTom is on STRATFORD Road (not Stafford Rd) and that matches the Short -stay car park location fairly well.

So, to move the existing BUILT-IN POI, I tapped on the icon on the map (ensuring that it was the T4 one not the T3 underneath it), tapped the blue cursor button at the bottom and selected "Correct location" / Edit POI / move the POI on the map/ done. It then told me to select the new position on the map so I scrolled down and zoomed in until I got to Stratford Road., tapped on the map and it was now placed there. On the next screen I'm asked if I want to share the correction via Map Share, but I declined on this occasion as I don't know the EXACT position I should have marked.

All worked fine, so what I suspect you might have done is mix up whether you were dealing with the built-in one or the PGPSW one, and edited/deleted one and not the other?

I don't know what the PGPSW category is called, but the built-in one is called "Airport"

What do you get on screen if you scroll the map to Heathrow and then tap "Find" / 'Airport'? The four terminals are all shown as the first four entries.

(For your "P.S." question, if you mean "can you choose to show only some of the built-in categories in the POI category list?" then no, it's all or nothing (by deleting the poi.dat file).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: