Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Timothy Taylors Real Ale Outlets
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Timothy Taylors Real Ale Outlets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
statsman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Timothy Taylors Real Ale Outlets Reply with quote

I am a huge fan of Timothy Taylors beers, particularly Landlord which is my favourite pint. There are limited numbers of Timothy Taylor brewery owned pubs but a much larger number of outlets across the country that stock Timothy Taylors beers. From the list of pubs on their website I have almost finished completing my POI collection of UK pubs owned by Timothy Taylors or stocking their beers (682 outlets). I anticipate that I will complete the task within the next two weeks. I know there are POI groups already that include all pubs, and regionally there are a number of POI collections for a town or area, eg Cumbria. My collection is UK wide but specific to Timothy Taylors. Obviously a number of these pubs will stock other real ales but my concentration has been limited to those serving Timothy Taylors beers.

I am happy to make the POI available via email on completionto anyone that would like a copy. I could use feedback from anyone using the POI if they locate additional pubs (or any that cease stocking Timothy Taylors) to ensure the collection is kept up to date.

Cheers!

Dave Thelwall
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rather partial to a pint of Landlord as well...

Pgps World might like the file for their POI page too, but to keep everyone happy, they would want permission from the brewery to use it.

IT might be safest to get their blessing anyway. You'd think businesses would be really pleased to have that sort of free publicity, but some organisations can be funny about it (eg the publishers of the Good Beer Guide... Neutral )
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I'm rather partial to a pint of Landlord as well...

Pgps World might like the file for their POI page too, but to keep everyone happy, they would want permission from the brewery to use it.

IT might be safest to get their blessing anyway. You'd think businesses would be really pleased to have that sort of free publicity, but some organisations can be funny about it (eg the publishers of the Good Beer Guide... Neutral )

Yes please check the copyright issue before submitting the file.

It was the Good Pub Guide publishers that would not allow us to use their information. I see on their website that they have a deal with Garmin now.

"The Good Pub Guide on Sat Nav
The Good Pub Guide is now available on the Garmin satellite navigation in car system. If you purchase the special edition Nuvi 310 exclusively from Amazon it is pre-loaded with the latest edition of the guide"
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if TT have the pubs listed on their website then surely that is in the public domain? it's a file he has created himself as opposed to a file he downloaded from timmy taylors?!

anyway, for the pubs that are owned by timmy taylors do you have 'The White Horse, Thornton, BD13'? this is a relatively new one. let me know if you want the co-ords

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
if TT have the pubs listed on their website then surely that is in the public domain? it's a file he has created himself as opposed to a file he downloaded from timmy taylors?!

Would love to know the definitive answer to this one.
MaFt's answer SEEMS right but you can imagine a business sending the old lawyer's letter as a "frightner".
(Like the British Olympic Committee telling all the Greek kebab shop owners in London they couldn't have "Olympic" in their name anymore!

Then of course, there's the other side of the coin. If he sends it in do PGPSW grab the copyright?

Any lawyers here? Laughing
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no mention of Copyright on their Web Site.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: