Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Camera Sites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Camera Sites
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woppo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: New Camera Sites Reply with quote

Please could someone tell me how long it takes to receive verification of new camera sites? I entered two new sites over a week ago and have heard nothing since.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get an e-mail almost straight away to say PGPSW have received the submission but that's it. If you are successful in getting a Lifetime membership then you'll be notified when the next database is released.

Some cameras will take longer to verify than others.

if you received no e-mail then check your Spam folder and the e-mail address we hold here. Sometimes a different or incorrect e-mail address is given which means replys are not received.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woppo, your submissions have been processed but were not the first for those cameras. You should have received a confirmation email when first submitted but after that you don't hear from us unless you qualify for lifetime membership - in which case these will be processed shortly after a database release.

MaFt
swisstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New Camera Sites Reply with quote

Woppo wrote:
Please could someone tell me how long it takes to receive verification of new camera sites? I entered two new sites over a week ago and have heard nothing since.

Same goes for me, unfortunatly my spam folder gets between 50-100 emails a day so dont get the chance to check which ones are really genuine.

I subbitted 3 along the A4 in London just outside the Natural History musem, at around 8am in the morning, the morning they went up i cant imagine that anyone else got these intime, or maybe there are more usuer on this website than i realise.

BTW I subbmitted these well over a week ago and still nothing....boo hoo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
swisstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New Camera Sites Reply with quote

Infact I've just checked I posted them on 26th of July! and still nothing Crying or Very sad
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I subbitted 3 along the A4 in London just outside the Natural History musem, at around 8am in the morning, the morning they went up i cant imagine that anyone else got these intime, or maybe there are more usuer on this website than i realise.

We get this quite a lot. You'll have to wait until the database is released to find out as the free subscriptions are given out then. The last database was on the 27th July so they may have crossed over. Two Monitron are currently shown on the A4 but they do not appear in the database dated 27 July, so it appears they should appear in the next database.

However as stated above we get a lot of "I submitted them the day the went up" only to find they were the 5th or 6th submitter. I'm afraid you have to play the waiting game.

Did you at least get the submission notification e-mail?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every submission was processed before the last release.

swisstone: of your 2 submissions, 1 you were not first and the other you were. this was not verified/confirmed/activated until 31st july so you will be awarded your lifetime subscription after the next release - even though your subscription has expired the rule is that you were a subscriber at the time of submission so all is well.

MaFt
swisstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, top site, will keep adding as i see them

Cheers,
Swiss.
swisstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
every submission was processed before the last release.

swisstone: of your 2 submissions, 1 you were not first and the other you were. this was not verified/confirmed/activated until 31st july so you will be awarded your lifetime subscription after the next release - even though your subscription has expired the rule is that you were a subscriber at the time of submission so all is well.

MaFt

Hey guys, has the next release come yet, I only ask as I recieved the email newsletter and in it it said that the new International release was out, but didn't spot anything for the UK....I haven't recieved any emails regarding my lifetime subscription thats all. Sorry if its obvious I just dont get the time to read everything....(of to get a proper desk job;-0)

Swiss.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest way to check is CLICK HERE or use the yellow camera symbol at the top left of each page.

The latest UK database is 20th August 2007 and all lifetime memberships will have awarded by now.

I believe the UK and International databases are released at the same time.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swisstone - i checked your account and it HAD been added but wasn't showing for some reason... i've re-added th lifetime sub so you should be ok now.

as for international database updated it simply means that ALL camera databases have been updated - i.e. our international (as opposed to just uk) cameras have been updated

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Easiest way to check is CLICK HERE ,,,

Once you have gone to that topic, if you click on "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom, you will get an email every time MaFt announces a new version (and as the topic is kept locked, that's the ONLY time you get one).
swisstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, much appriciated believe me, keep up the good work.

Regards,
Swiss.

P.S. My beady eyes are peeled for more
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New Camera Sites Reply with quote

swisstone wrote:

Well we have nearly 207,000 forum members and it is actually quite difficult to get the first report in but as you now realise, it is possible and it's not a con Clap
swisstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New Camera Sites Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
swisstone wrote:

Well we have nearly 207,000 forum members and it is actually quite difficult to get the first report in but as you now realise, it is possible and it's not a con Clap

gLoL, you should have seen me when I saw them, I floored it into work believe me sat down at my desk and the first thing I did was log on and submit them, I'd like to shake the man's hand that beat me to it on the other one though Wink

Now I need to buy a new Sat Nav unit as I managed to leave it on the roof of the car over the weekend and drove off Embarassed Shocked

Maybe if I found another 100 camera sites you guys could buy me one Idea Razz ......bump (just fell out the clouds)

Thanks guys,
Swiss.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: