Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 720 Hands free speaker volume
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

720 Hands free speaker volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: 720 Hands free speaker volume Reply with quote

In the short time I've had my 720, I've been so busy I haven't been able to get at it properly.
In the hope of "losing" one of my others, I tried to do hands free today (Nokia 6230i, linked a dream, no problem at all), but the volume of the person I was speaking to was so low I really couldn't understand what was said. With the GO700, all I had to do was push the volume slider up to 100%. With the 710 (although I never did it) I understood you had to tap the screen during a call to access the phone volume settings.

So I tried tapping the green phone symbol top left (which led to nothing related to getting the sound out where I need it). So I gave up, not wanting to over try the patience of my caller).

Later, decided to have another try, this time by phoning my Fax machine at home, which was guaranteed not to give me grief (just a lot of squealing). This time, instead of the green phone, I tapped screen centre and got the normal full menu set, which of course has the Change Preferences at bottom centre. I went on to Volume Preferences and lo and behold, the volume was set at 15% (even though in the main preferences volume I had long since set it to 100%). Slid the thing to 100% and Hey Presto, the fax squeal went balistic and I rejoiced!

So to get volume from your phone :- During a call tap the centre of the screen to get the "normal" menu, then Change Preferences, then go to Volume Preferences and slide it to your liking. DO NOT select "Link volume to noise level" - it cuts the volume down to less than 100%.

I swear I did a search for this, without success. So I offer my sincere apologies if anyone has already posted this solution.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
b17flyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On mine, its brings up the volume slider in the lower half of the screen as soon as you start a handsfree call. Mind you - that was an incoming call, I wonder if that makes the difference?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b17flyboy wrote:
On mine, its brings up the volume slider in the lower half of the screen as soon as you start a handsfree call. Mind you - that was an incoming call, I wonder if that makes the difference?
Does it by gosh? I have mine set to Auto Answer - perhaps if yours isn't and you have to tap "Answer" button, that may give the volume slider.
Anyway, I communicated with Mike Alder last night (some sort of screwdrivers, wires and any other sort of hardware magician) and he told me that the volume slider comes up if you tap the TOP of the VERTICAL status bar, which I was using (bottom left of screen if using horizontal status bar).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: