Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Third party software use
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Third party software use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dasnitin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Third party software use Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I was using Navman in the past and recently bought a Pharos GPS i 360 with my PDA. I tried the Navigation software that came with the Pharos hardware, but I prefer to use the Navman software as it is more user friendly and I like the display. Can this be done?
I manage to load the software appropriately but then it asks for an activation code.
Looking for a solution. Anyone.
Thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use any navigation software with your PDA. Some of them will indeed ask you for activation codes because the software is tied to the device ID. Others are locked to the storage card (iGO), and a few do not have any locking mechanism.

Legally you are supposed to own a distinct copy of the software for each device.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
dasnitin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
You can use any navigation software with your PDA. Some of them will indeed ask you for activation codes because the software is tied to the device ID. Others are locked to the storage card (iGO), and a few do not have any locking mechanism.

Legally you are supposed to own a distinct copy of the software for each device.

Thanks for your reply
I do own both the softwares. SmartST (from Navman) and Pharos Ostia.... and I would like to know of any way to use SmartST with my Pharos GPS unit.
Can SmartST/Navman help me..?
I know some generic GPS units don't come with software and so any software can be used, implying that software and hardware are interchangeable. I am looking for a way to do that.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: