Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does TomTom Mobile support Nokia LD-2 GPS adapter ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does TomTom Mobile support Nokia LD-2 GPS adapter ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kraven
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Does TomTom Mobile support Nokia LD-2 GPS adapter ? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of installing a car kit and found the Nokia CK-20w, with this you can hardwire a Nokia LD-2 GPS adapter.

Does this adapter work with TomTom mobile ?

Thanks K.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom Mobile supports only the TomTom BT GPS that is supplied with the package.
kraven
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT5 and TT6 Mobile both support 3rd party bluetooth GPS adapters (there is even a picture of a 3rd party GPS adapter in the setup), so to say it only supports the TomTom made BT adapter is wrong.

However, not knowing how the Nokia LD-2 GPS adapter makes it's connection as it is hardwired to the Nokia CK-20w car kit, makes me wonder if TT6 mobile supports it.

K.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I didn't make my answer clear. There is no TomTom 6 Mobile for a start. There is TomTom Navigator 6 which supports PDA's and 'some' mobile phones. TomTom Mobile 5 was a mobile only product, only ever sold bundled with the TomTom BT GPS and which had no GPS configuration options at all as it would only function with the supplied BT GPS.

I assumed you were talking about Mobile 5 as you stated Mobile but I apologise if you were not. If you have Navigator 6 and a supported mobile phone then what you need to find out is if the Nokia GPS is a standard NMEA receiver, if it is then it will work. Having said that, there are many other GPS receivers which do work and are cheaper than Nokia's.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: